No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 440.64 Driver Released With MX330/MX350 Support, Linux 5.6 Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 440.64 Driver Released With MX330/MX350 Support, Linux 5.6 Compatibility

Phoronix: NVIDIA 440.64 Driver Released With MX330/MX350 Support, Linux 5.6 Compatibility

NVIDIA has issued another stable Linux driver release in their long-term 440 series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

doesn't look like it's compiling with kernel 5.6-rc3 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by mgmartin View Post
      Are you getting the "implicit declaration of function 'ioremap_nocache'" error or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

Are you getting the "implicit declaration of function 'ioremap_nocache'" error or something else?
        Mine appears to be something else:
        Code:
        error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type 'const struct timeval'
        error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type 'struct timeval'
        error_forwarding", proc_nvidia_gpu,
        error: implicit declaration of function 'getnstimeofday'; did you mean 'efi_gettimeofday'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
        error: implicit declaration of function 'getrawmonotonic' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
        error: implicit declaration of function 'jiffies_to_timespec'; did you mean 'jiffies_to_timespec64'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
        error: implicit declaration of function 'timespec_to_ns'; did you mean 'timespec64_to_ns'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
        error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct timeval'
        error: storage size of 'tm_aux' isn't known
        error: storage size of 'tm_end' isn't known
        error: storage size of 'tm' isn't known
        error: storage size of 'ts' isn't known
        error: storage size of 'tv' isn't known
        error: 'struct timeval' has no member named 'tv_sec'
        error: 'struct timeval' has no member named 'tv_usec'
        error: variable 'ts' has initializer but incomplete type

Comment

Mine appears to be something else:
          Code:
          error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type 'const struct timeval'
          error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type 'struct timeval'
          error_forwarding", proc_nvidia_gpu,
          error: implicit declaration of function 'getnstimeofday'; did you mean 'efi_gettimeofday'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
          error: implicit declaration of function 'getrawmonotonic' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
          error: implicit declaration of function 'jiffies_to_timespec'; did you mean 'jiffies_to_timespec64'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
          error: implicit declaration of function 'timespec_to_ns'; did you mean 'timespec64_to_ns'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
          error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct timeval'
          error: storage size of 'tm_aux' isn't known
          error: storage size of 'tm_end' isn't known
          error: storage size of 'tm' isn't known
          error: storage size of 'ts' isn't known
          error: storage size of 'tv' isn't known
          error: 'struct timeval' has no member named 'tv_sec'
          error: 'struct timeval' has no member named 'tv_usec'
          error: variable 'ts' has initializer but incomplete type
          Yeah those went away in -rc3, so their compatibility fixes are probably for -rc1 or -rc2.

Comment

The only way I've been able to use Nvidia drivers with 5.6 is by using the packages at "https://github.com/Tk-Glitch/PKGBUILDS". The developer has quite a sophisticated script that allows you to install a variety of driver versions on a variety of kernels. So far I haven't had any problems and I've been using them since 5.6 rc1.

Comment

Working...
            X