NVIDIA Releases Four New Linux Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

huh.

For some reason, as far as Zypper knew, nothing changed in that repo. I run zypper refresh and/or zypper up almost daily (keeping up with Factory for KDE 4.2), and that repo always came up as being up do date. Interesting.

Well, thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      @Eazy

You forgot one major step after kdm stop:

sudo rmmod nvidia
      That did not make any difference. I never had to do that on previous drivers either.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases Four New Linux Drivers

The NVIDIA 180.22 Linux driver was released less than three weeks ago, but today NVIDIA has released a new 180.xx display driver update. In addition, NVIDIA has updated all three of their legacy display drivers.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=13430
        Would it have killed you to type the four letters B, E, T, and then A for your readership to understand that these are beta drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
          Would it have killed you to type the four letters B, E, T, and then A for your readership to understand that these are beta drivers?
          whoa, whoa, whoa. You expect them to link to themselves with every given opportunity and throw out useful nuggets like the development status of a graphics driver? That's just asking too much.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffro-tull View Post
            whoa, whoa, whoa. You expect them to link to themselves with every given opportunity and throw out useful nuggets like the development status of a graphics driver? That's just asking too much.
            Oh come on, its not like I'm asking for source code.

Comment

Originally posted by cruiseoveride View Post
              Please Nvidia, write a driver for my HD4870 *puppy dawg eyes*
              Now would that be amazing if nVidia wrote a driver for that card that's BETTER than ATI's own

Comment

Are there any news about a fix for the issue with GT200 cards not throttling in 2D mode with 2 monitors attached?

Comment

Working...
                X