Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Releases Four New Linux Drivers

Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases Four New Linux Drivers

The NVIDIA 180.22 Linux driver was released less than three weeks ago, but today NVIDIA has released a new 180.xx display driver update. In addition, NVIDIA has updated all three of their legacy display drivers.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There is a new mplayer snapshot too:

ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/vd...402051.tar.bz2

Comment

What the NVIDIA 180.25 Linux driver lacks, however, is official support for X Server 1.6.
      Thats not true, it does support xorg ABI 5 (i.e xserver 1.6) it was just missed in the changelog.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragoran View Post
        Thats not true, it does support xorg ABI 5 (i.e xserver 1.6) it was just missed in the changelog.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...18&postcount=5
        I expected something like that, it would be quite strange if all of the legacy drivers would support xserver 1.6, but the driver for "new" cards wouldn't.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, but I wish Nvidia would pay a little more attention the windows driver. It's a pain in the rear to find a working driver for mobile Nvidia gpus on windows, but I have never had a problem on linux.

Comment

Comment

The biggest of the bugs still here!

Indeed the closed hardware programming manual bug is still here... sad, and AMD/Intel/Via have fixed that bug. nvidia is quite late.

Comment

Any one tested hibernate/suspend on this version?
                On 180.22 it was messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by debianite View Post
                  Any one tested hibernate/suspend on this version?
                  On 180.22 it was messed up.
                  works fine with both versions for me, and the changelog mentions fixes in this area, so if it was broken for you its worth trying again with 180.25

Comment

Originally posted by Dragoran View Post
                    works fine with both versions for me, and the changelog mentions fixes in this area, so if it was broken for you its worth trying again with 180.25
                    As soon as I get me hands on me laptop I will try it and give some feedback.

Comment

Working...
                    X