Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 440.26 Beta Linux Driver Brings HDMI 2.1 VRR, VP9 VDPAU Decode + Much More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by hubick View Post

Someday it's gonna occur to you just how much "irrational dedication" was required to get thousands of programmers to spend hours, days, and years of their free time re-coding from scratch everything from a kernel and libc right through to drivers and GUI environments for that very reason.
    What? Sorry, I don't understand your stream of consciousness and how it relates to the topic being discussed. Maybe you're just drunk, dunno.

Leave a comment:

• creative
    replied
    Staying on 430.34, Nvidia drivers every two updates have been wonktacular—eayeaummm un-good. For some reason for me it's like every 3rd driver release issued eliminates odd stuttering issues in a number of native games that the other drivers have, at least on my system.

This seems to be an ongoing issue on into , which equates to dirty ape balls.
    Last edited by creative; 19 October 2019, 10:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hubick
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post

You are and you're a hypocrite since you've left an inane comment just to underline your irrational dedication to everything which is open source without providing any arguments.
    Someday it's gonna occur to you just how much "irrational dedication" was required to get thousands of programmers to spend hours, days, and years of their free time re-coding from scratch everything from a kernel and libc right through to drivers and GUI environments for that very reason.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by dwagner View Post
    Is that driver open source now? No? Then I'm still absolutely not interested.
    You are and you're a hypocrite since you've left an inane comment just to underline your irrational dedication to everything which is open source without providing any arguments.

Leave a comment:

• hubick
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post

Next gen? Turing GPUs support HDMI 2.1 and it's now steadily getting enabled.
    What? That doesn't say anything about HDMI 2.1 support. I want [email protected]@4:4:4 chroma. I don't give a shit about VRR.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by hubick View Post
    Does this serve as confirmation that the next generation of Nvidia GPU's will, in fact, have HDMI 2.1 support?
    Next gen? Turing GPUs support HDMI 2.1 and it's now steadily getting enabled.

Leave a comment:

• hubick
    replied
    Does this serve as confirmation that the next generation of Nvidia GPU's will, in fact, have HDMI 2.1 support?

Leave a comment:

• dwagner
    replied
    Is that driver open source now? No? Then I'm still absolutely not interested.

Leave a comment:

• andreano
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    signalling
    Michael chose the British spelling on a day full of Brexit-news.

Leave a comment:

• leigh123linux
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: NVIDIA 440.26 Beta Linux Driver Brings HDMI 2.1 VRR, VP9 VDPAU Decode + Much More

NVIDIA today introduced their first beta driver in the 440 Linux branch and it's quite an exciting release!..

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...6-Linux-Driver
    You forgot to mention it also includes a new library, libnvidia-allocator.so.*

Leave a comment:

Working...
X