Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Continues To Be Involved With Making Vulkan More Appropriate For Machine Learning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Continues To Be Involved With Making Vulkan More Appropriate For Machine Learning

Phoronix: NVIDIA Continues To Be Involved With Making Vulkan More Appropriate For Machine Learning

NVIDIA engineers continue to be among those in the Vulkan technical sub-group working to advance machine learning for this API...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...2019-Vulkan-ML

I'm not about to knock NVidia from coming out of their proprietary nonsense but does anybody else have the feeling that using a GPU for machine learning and AI type applications is a mistake in the long term? Granted the GPU can handle some of today's technologies well but as AI techniques evolve I really have a hard time seeing the GPU as being the right place to shoehorn them in.

Comment

better to replace cuda with vulkan than open cl

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
        I'm not about to knock NVidia from coming out of their proprietary nonsense but does anybody else have the feeling that using a GPU for machine learning and AI type applications is a mistake in the long term? Granted the GPU can handle some of today's technologies well but as AI techniques evolve I really have a hard time seeing the GPU as being the right place to shoehorn them in.
        A not-insignificant portion of today's interest in machine learning is centred around recognizing and reacting to visual data like camera feeds and visual sensors. Makes sense that GPUs would be ideal for these use cases.

Comment

Working...
        X