NVIDIA Announces GeForce RTX 2060 / 2070 / 2080 SUPER GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    "Super"... Are they running out of marketing buzzwords?
    It leaves room for a follow-on "SuperDuper" update, so that's something.

One of the problems with "Turbo" (from the ATI days) was that the normal follow-on from car world was "Turbo Intercooled" but that didn't translate to GPUs very well.
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by jtoaspern View Post

Wait, the 2080 SUPER is cheaper than the 2080? My bad, didnt notice that.
      No I think it is supposed to come in at the same price point, I assume that will lower the 2080 price..

In general it sounds like production of 2080 is just going better than expected so they leave more units on and let them run faster: Presto, new product.

Comment

It's funny how they announced a bunch of cards, but literally everything of substance was already known because it leaked out weeks ago.

As for the point of it all, AMD priced the Navi 10-based cards they announced a few weeks ago specifically to slot in between Nvidia's line-up and the new "super" cards are meant to just slot right in between their pre-existing cards, thus stepping on AMD's toes as much as possible.

Would have been nice had the "Super" cards replaced the "regular" cards at the same price points, but they just provide a bunch of mid-points (in both price and performance) between Nvidia's existing line-up. However seeing how these models only exist to trip up AMD they're just the most unexciting product launch I've seen in this space in years.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

It leaves room for a follow-on "SuperDuper" update, so that's something.
          And eventually supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Comment

I suppose these are made with harvested GPUs that were collected during the whole year of headstart that AMD gave to NVidia. And they support ray tracing and AI AA which Navi still does not.
            Last edited by zoomblab; 02 July 2019, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Now, we will just wait for Michael to buy and test all these cards.

Comment

Originally posted by zoomblab View Post
                I suppose these are made with harvested GPUs that were collected during the whole year of headstart that AMD gave to NVidia. And they support ray tracing and AI AA which Navi still does not.
                Not harvested. Probably better yields made it unneccessary to disable as many cores as one year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                  Better name: GeForce RTX 2060 PART DEUX
                  GTX 2065. Or is that too obvious and easy for marketing drones?

Comment

Just wait til they launch the RTX $MODEL Ultra.....least then it'll pair nicely with my Asrock Ultra Quad M.2 pcie NVMe HBA....

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

GTX 2065. Or is that too obvious and easy for marketing drones?
                      Next spring, look out for the CyberForce RTX 2077.

Comment

Working...
                      X