X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swoorup
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

This blog post and mac usage proofs that IBM developers do not care of end users and code garbage software for the money to prevent the success of the Linux desktop.
    I come on this forum every now and then, just want to say you post the most retarded comments on every single topic on here. If you hate the devs so much why don't you develop anything useful at all?

Leave a comment:

• mmstick
    replied
    Originally posted by hax0r View Post
    Thanks for pointing this out, for me it was rather getting time consuming to figure out how to cleanly apply all the patches on top 3.32.2 branch for ubuntu 19.04, I can now just grab debs from http://ppa.launchpad.net/system76/pr...main/m/mutter/
    Careful, you'd need to also install the gnome-shell packages at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• finalzone
    replied
    99% of computer users would use a Linux desktop without gnome3 . Gnome3 is a great tool to prevent more people use a Linux desktop. Gnome3 believers will not give up hope and it is very funny.
    A great tool to prevent more people to use Linux desktop with its simplified workspace, emphasis on keyboard, better touchscreen and stylus usage, customizable in more traditional desktop as "Gnome Classic" as seen on enterprise Linux workstation, better human interface guideline.
    You are right. In 11 years, 99% Linux desktop may not be Gnome 3 as Gnome itself will already evolve in another iteration taking advantage of Vulkan API and more fitting in modern devices.

Leave a comment:

• hax0r
    replied
    Originally posted by mmstick View Post
    The patches are already available on Pop!_OS, currently in the system76/proposed PPA.
    Thanks for pointing this out, for me it was rather getting time consuming to figure out how to cleanly apply all the patches on top 3.32.2 branch for ubuntu 19.04, I can now just grab debs from http://ppa.launchpad.net/system76/pr...main/m/mutter/

Leave a comment:

• Candy
    replied
    Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
    Is it true?
    ​​​​​​Or is it just your usual annoying non-sense venom-spitting posting?
    As true as the guy, that once released Gnome besides a pair of testicles.

Google for it

https://www.google.com/search?q=gnome+2.5.3+%22that+and+a+pair+of+testicl es%22
    Last edited by Candy; 02 June 2019, 01:04 PM. Reason: Added a google search entry ;)

Leave a comment:

• mmstick
    replied
    The patches are already available on Pop!_OS, currently in the system76/proposed PPA.

Leave a comment:

• Awesomeness
    replied
    Originally posted by Candy View Post
    Actually most Gnome3 developers don't even use Gnome3 as their main desktop. Most of them use macOS anyways. You can see this whenever you meet any of them at any Linux related event.
    If they show up like that on public events, you sure have photos as proof, right?

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by ColdDistance View Post

Brand awareness is something extremely underrated in FLOSS area. You will never see a man promoting Coca Cola (Coke) while he's drinking Pepsi. The topic is the same with desktops, it's not a good idea promoting other product when your are developer of a competitor. While KDE has it own "official" hardware, GNOME still defends it's existence upon an empty vision of software libre.

I really like GNOME, I use Ubuntu 18.04 and Manjaro GNOME, but I'm not agree in how the project is managed in many fronts.
    GNOME devs are humans too, so they are free to use whatever hardware they want.

Leave a comment:

• horizonbrave
    replied
    Originally posted by Candy View Post

Actually most Gnome3 developers don't even use Gnome3 as their main desktop. Most of them use macOS anyways. You can see this whenever you meet any of them at any Linux related event.
    Is it true?
    ​​​​​​Or is it just your usual annoying non-sense venom-spitting posting?

Leave a comment:

• horizonbrave
    replied

This blog post and mac usage proofs that IBM developers do not care of end users and code garbage software for the money to prevent the success of the Linux desktop.
    debianxfce - of those reporting posts and complaining about abusive behavior / ranting, you are currently number one on that list of people complaining about forum content. You are officially warned and kindly asked to refrain from instigating / abusive forum posts otherwise bans / ignores, etc, may be in place.

@Micheal,
    could you please do something?
    anyone can do some shit posting/talking sometimes but this is pure/heavy/systematic trolling at the expense of the community.

​​​​​​​Thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X