Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux with Nvidia GPU: Is it really that bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux with Nvidia GPU: Is it really that bad?

Hello everyone,,

I am currently eyeing on this one Acer since it is the only Windows 10 tablet at the moment with dedicated Nvidia GPU. Naturally, I would like to dual-boot it with my preferred Linux desktop distro.

However, my quick search on Google about Linux on Nvidia shows a rather... ummm... unpleasant experience with it from, it must be said, quite a lot of users. That got me thinking:print holiday postcards for mailing
    • Is the experience running Linux on any PC with Nvidia really that bad? Or is it just a mere certain users' issue?
    • And while we're on the subject of graphic cards, how would AMD fair up?
    Last edited by Macgomes; 04 October 2019, 03:30 AM.

Originally posted by Macgomes View Post
    Hello everyone,,

I am currently eyeing on this one Acer since it is the only Windows 10 tablet at the moment with dedicated Nvidia GPU. Naturally, I would like to dual-boot it with my preferred Linux desktop distro.

However, my quick search on Google about Linux on Nvidia shows a rather... ummm... unpleasant experience with it from, it must be said, quite a lot of users. That got me thinking:
    • Is the experience running Linux on any PC with Nvidia really that bad? Or is it just a mere certain users' issue?
    • And while we're on the subject of graphic cards, how would AMD fair up?
    Thank you my issue has been solved,....
    Last edited by tildearrow; 11 June 2019, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Unless you have a philosophical/political problem with closed source drivers, Nvidia works great in Linux.

Comment

Working...
      X