Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.Pam
    replied
    I wonder if Intel is simply trying to get some good publicity with Clear Linux... The Intel ME stuff is rather horrid when you read up about it and all the security issues it has. Not that AMD is much behind with the PSP.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by win32pro View Post
    Question:
    Did you have to install the LTS kernel or you kept the fast one?
    Could you please test the CPU performance between native and nnouveau drivers on Clear Linux itself?
    Because the Intel recommends installing LTS kernel, which might nullify many advantages brought by clear linux.
    5.0 (latest) works fine. NVIDIA is pretty much always good with keeping up to date with latest kernel releases, so unless you are intentionally using an older driver, you should be fine using latest release.

Leave a comment:

• win32pro
    replied
    Question:
    Did you have to install the LTS kernel or you kept the fast one?
    Could you please test the CPU performance between native and nnouveau drivers on Clear Linux itself?
    Because the Intel recommends installing LTS kernel, which might nullify many advantages brought by clear linux.

Leave a comment:

• edwaleni
    replied
    I tried installing the NVidia driver last week on my Clear Linux build (I wasn't aware of these new instructions) and I got a large number of exceptions that many of the NVidia libraries could not be loaded (like for OpenGL and a few others) . But I plowed on regardless and found the performance regressed visually. The GUI login page took about 3-4 seconds longer to refresh to the home screen over Nouveau.

I might add this was not the GF10 Series I was using, this was an older GF7 Series.

On the next round Clear Linux hung on the updates to the freedesktop.org libraries and the restart trashed the GUI and it refused to load thereafter.

So I will reload Clear again and install the NVidia binaries using this newer process.

Leave a comment:

• Running Clear Linux With NVIDIA's Proprietary Driver Stack

Phoronix: Running Clear Linux With NVIDIA's Proprietary Driver Stack

Following a Phoronix reader pointing out a NVIDIA driver setup guide for Clear Linux, I decided to have a go at it to see how well NVIDIA's proprietary graphics driver stack can work with Intel's high-performance Linux distribution.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X