Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 430.09 Linux Driver Brings GTX 1650 Support, Surprising VDPAU Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
    Are you sure you're using VDPAU and not VAAPI? There is no 10bit surface support in VDPAU.
    Looks like 10bit & 12bit support were added 4 years ago for HEVC https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/vdpau...6327e85add7fa9

Comment

FireBurn Have you tried that in an actual player? Note how the patch you linked to only adds definitions to a header. Meaning it's possible for a driver to advertise support, but that's it. There is no way to actually use 10bit, unless you can point me to a commit that adds 10bit surface support to VDPAU.

Edit: There's a possibility that the driver has the ability to decode 10bit video to 8bit surfaces, but that means you aren't getting the full 10 bits, but a scaled down result. And I'm not sure even that is supported by players. With VAAPI, you'll get the full 10 bits.
      Last edited by Gusar; 24 April 2019, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
        [USER="10517"]Edit: There's a possibility that the driver has the ability to decode 10bit video to 8bit surfaces, but that means you aren't getting the full 10 bits, but a scaled down result. And I'm not sure even that is supported by players. With VAAPI, you'll get the full 10 bits.
        I believe that's what happens. It decodes 10 bit video but with lower quality output.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Phoronix: NVIDIA 430.09 Linux Driver Brings GTX 1650 Support, Surprising VDPAU Improvements

With today's GeForce GTX 1650 launch, NVIDIA has posted the 430.09 Linux driver as their first in this new driver series...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Linux-Released
          Check this out, VDPAU is adding support of VP9:

Comment

Working...
          X