X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
    109euro across the pond...delivery time 16weeks....meh
    Maybe that is what $99 means, 109€ plus 3 to 4 months wait

That is how marketing works a guess, you launch something early spring so that people have what to talk about during summer
    Last edited by dungeon; 19 March 2019, 04:47 AM.

Comment

What a dire shame that there's no M.2 disk and that it relies on SD cards that absolutely *suck*.

Comment

Originally posted by vegabook View Post
        What a dire shame that there's no M.2 disk and that it relies on SD cards that absolutely *suck*.
        I looked hard at the pictures, but I fail to see any M.2 form factor.
        Now M.2 wifi can mean anything, as the M.2 can sport PCIe, SATA and USB.
        I also don't know what you mean with M.2 disk... do you mean SATA or PCIe?
        The sd card is a big meeh. Either armfriendly or odroid emmc modules please... sd cards are for PI's that are not meant to run 24/7 for years and really using the storage.

Comment

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/autonom...s/jetson-nano/
          The nano SOM contains 16GB eMMC 5.1 flash
          As far as I can see, the SDK is the SOM with heatsink on an interface PCB that can hold the SOM (with eMMC) and a micro sd card.
          The SOM fails to mention M.2 wifi, but it has loads of pci lanes. The interface PCB mentions an M.2 connector with key E, which means PCIe ×2, USB 2.0, I2C, SDIO, UART and PCM.
          I can only ask Michael to confirm or deny the specs as shown on the nvidia site.

Get answers to Jetson platform questions, including technical specs and links to resources.

says that developer kits are reference carrier boards with the SOM

And it also has a pricing that says that the developer kit is $20 cheaper than the SOM. So: the reference carrier board+SOM is $20 cheaper than just the SOM. I think Nvidia must fix their faqs and product website, because this is getting pretty unclear, unless they really mean that more hardware is cheaper than less hardware.
          Last edited by Ardje; 19 March 2019, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardje View Post
            And it also has a pricing that says that the developer kit is $20 cheaper than the SOM.
            $129 vs $99 is $30 diff... mine calculator said

Or in euros that would 109€ or 139€ i guess

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
              109euro across the pond...delivery time 16weeks....meh
              Well yeah that what VAT usually does for the prices, I'm not sure that includes VAT to this device though. But usually nvidia shop adds VAT for graphics cards. Seems to be now early April for shipping date.

Comment

So the nvidia faq did not lie: it is a reference carrier board, with a jetson nano SOM. (The M.2 is under the SOM, as it is a key E, I wonder if you can use a PCIe extender...)
                However the product page says that the jetson nano SOM contains a 16GB eMMC.
                You know what, I will forget about this product until the product pages are clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardje View Post
                  I looked hard at the pictures, but I fail to see any M.2 form factor.
                  Now M.2 wifi can mean anything, as the M.2 can sport PCIe, SATA and USB.
                  I also don't know what you mean with M.2 disk... do you mean SATA or PCIe?
                  The sd card is a big meeh. Either armfriendly or odroid emmc modules please... sd cards are for PI's that are not meant to run 24/7 for years and really using the storage.
                  By M.2 disk I mean either PCIE or SATA. I'd prefer the former but would have been fine with the latter. I believe the connector is there, but it only leaves room for the wifi module so I don't think any standard m.2 formfactor disk would work there, unless someone builds some kind of connector (if it works at all, that is). I run a Jetson TX2 and I like it a lot. This little board is extremely exciting - I'd love to have built stuff around it - but as you say, these SD cards break as soon as you do anything that hits them regularly 24/7. They're awful.

Now I guess I could just plug something in via USB3 though but that seems a bit hackish. Bit of a missed opportunity here I would think. Everything else about the product looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post

Well yeah that what VAT usually does for the prices, I'm not sure that includes VAT to this device though. But usually nvidia shop adds VAT for graphics cards. Seems to be now early April for shipping date.
                    VAT = value added tax

Maybe it should be called VRT

Comment

Originally posted by EarthMind View Post
                      Looks like a good board, but I wish it had an amd gpu though. Too bad they're not really into this market. Intel and Nvidia getting all the candy
                      Yeah. I'd be happy with their crappiest x86 APU slapped together with whatever is laying around since I know they're not really in this market. Also seems like a decent way for them to burn off their remaining FM2 APU stock.

Even though Nvidia makes nice products, it just feels like I'm doing a disservice to Linux by buying their products. I'm kind of surprised that as Linux supportive as AMD is that they're not in the Linux SBC market in some form. Since I don't think they can compete in the low powered ARM market, create the slightly higher powered x86 SBC market targeting multi-monitor workstations that mainly do office documents and web browsing as well as all sorts of multimedia applications.

Comment

Working...
                      X