Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Launch Today - Supported By The NVIDIA Linux Driver, No Nouveau Yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Launch Today - Supported By The NVIDIA Linux Driver, No Nouveau Yet

Phoronix: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Launch Today - Supported By The NVIDIA Linux Driver, No Nouveau Yet

After weeks of leaks, the GeForce GTX 1660 Ti is expected to be formally announced in just a few hours. This is a ~$300 Turing graphics card but without any ray-tracing support as so far has been common to all Turing graphics cards. The GTX 1600 series family is expected to expand as well in the weeks ahead...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Vega 56 for U$280, where? Amazon and Newegg still show the normal prices. Also, that elusive Vega 56 Nano is still over 400 in Newegg.

I don't understand why AMD partners are so allergic to ITX sized cards. The Polaris cards only have the Sapphire model of the RX570 (I have one) and the Vega cards only have the Power Color one. In Benchmarks both works just fine compared to reference models. Mine works the same as a older RX470 that wad slightly higher speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
      Vega 56 for U$280, where? Amazon and Newegg still show the normal prices. Also, that elusive Vega 56 Nano is still over 400 in Newegg.

I don't understand why AMD partners are so allergic to ITX sized cards. The Polaris cards only have the Sapphire model of the RX570 (I have one) and the Vega cards only have the Power Color one. In Benchmarks both works just fine compared to reference models. Mine works the same as a older RX470 that wad slightly higher speeds.
      Here is the link AMD sent over yesterday - https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...63&ignorebbr=1 - was in stock but now 'not available'
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

[numpad mashing intensifies]

Comment

Rumor is the Vega 56 is dropping to $250 to undercut it. I assume it'll be with a rebate since baking it into board partner pricing is asking a bit much. And that nvidia gpu guaranteed to have a black screen of death at boot is not terribly appealing.

Comment

See here: https://github.com/envytools/envytools/pull/185

Comment

$300 ouch. Now the performance.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                I guess they all think they won't sell it unless it looks GAMING. Which means slapping on a completely oversized heatsink even on low end parts like a rx550 and waste as much board space as possible to make it look like a bigger card.

Meanwhile, both the XFX single-slot card and the XFX fanless card (both AMD cards) got sold out in a month.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  I guess they all think they won't sell it unless it looks GAMING. Which means slapping on a completely oversized heatsink even on low end parts like a rx550 and waste as much board space as possible to make it look like a bigger card.

Meanwhile, both the XFX single-slot card and the XFX fanless card (both AMD cards) got sold out in a month.
                  Been looking for one of those XFX single slot rx 460 for a while now, damn they are unobtainable. No one is even flipping them on ebay, they're just gone.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post

Yeah I noticed that, even on low end Nvidia cards.

But at last on the green side the partners are not shy on offering ITX models of XX60, XX70 and even XX80 parts. And the reviews I saw of those look very good.

Since I do not overclock, because of the little gains for the huge jump in power consumption (expensive energy here in Brazil), I dove on the ITX way and, apart for the slightly more expensive parts, it has been a good ride. I cannot look at my ITX mobos and not smile a little.

Comment

Working...
                    X