Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Gaming Benchmarks For The ASUS TURBO-RTX2070-8G

Phoronix: Linux Gaming Benchmarks For The ASUS TURBO-RTX2070-8G

With having a EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC GAMING retail graphics card fail on me, I ended up buying an ASUS TURBO-RTX2070-8G. The benefit of this ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 graphics card is that at times can be found for as low as $499 USD, in line with the cheapest RTX 2070 options and lower than many of the other RTX 2070 AIB models and certainly the RTX 2070 Founder's Edition at $599 USD. Should you be considering the ASUS TURBO-RTX2070-8G, here are some benchmarks on Ubuntu Linux.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks for the benchmark, Michael.

Still not sure why you would need to buy several GTX 2070.

Comment

Considering the Vega 64 is much older than it, I think it's holding up very well against this RTX2070. I checked a computer store for prices and they both go for very similar prices. It will be very interesting to see what AMD comes out with this year and how it compares to this new NVIDIA 2XXX stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post
        Thanks for the benchmark, Michael.

Still not sure why you would need to buy several GTX 2070.
        Because the EVGA RTX 2070 I bought failed.... Was in communication with NVIDIA, they were going to exchange it out for new 2070. The "2070" they ended up sending out was the TITAN RTX, not sure if it was intentional or not but they have yet to respond to that inquiry. I then mailed my failed 2070 to them. So I didn't end up receiving any 2070 yet from NVIDIA and then when this ASUS card was on sale, I bought that as a replacement. If NVIDIA still ends up sending out a new 2070, at least then can finally run some modern SLI/multi-card tests.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Because the EVGA RTX 2070 I bought failed.... Was in communication with NVIDIA, they were going to exchange it out for new 2070. The "2070" they ended up sending out was the TITAN RTX, not sure if it was intentional or not but they have yet to respond to that inquiry. I then mailed my failed 2070 to them. So I didn't end up receiving any 2070 yet from NVIDIA and then when this ASUS card was on sale, I bought that as a replacement. If NVIDIA still ends up sending out a new 2070, at least then can finally run some modern SLI/multi-card tests.
          Would be good to have thermal measurements along with the results if you do SLI benchmarks

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

There's no sli on RTX 2070. Vulkan multigpu will work with them, but does any title use that? Basemark GPU 1.2 will add support to that later. But I don't think there's ETA when that will be released.

Comment

If you can get a 2070 for similar price as the Vega64, it seems like a 2070 would be ideal since you also get the benefit of tensor core rtx features which are getting better optimized each passing month now. AMD could be in trouble if Nvidia ever reduces the price of the 20 series cards, could threaten 7nm GPU launch, which we all suspect may not be that great anyway.

I will never again be interested in CF or SLI modes, no only does no Linux title actually support it well, its kinda a waste of power and space. Just buy a faster card IMO! less graphical troubles.
              Last edited by theriddick; 05 January 2019, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X