X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pseus
    replied
    @matt8:

I got an ASUS M3N78-VM (GeForce 8200) a couple of days ago and it's been working great with nVidia's 177.82 driver. The only real problem I've come across is getting the sound card to properly initialize after boot. Normally all I need to do is unload and then reload the kernel module for sound (snd-hda-intel), so it's not much of a hassle. Other than that, it works just fine =)

Leave a comment:

• jbrown96
    replied
    VDPAU

I have a Quadro 570m in my laptop. I've heard these are based on the 8xxx series. Is VDPAU supported on my card?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• matt8
    replied
    I was wondering which of the Nvidia GeForce mGPUs and nForce MCPs are now fully supported (i.e. on all of the north/south bridge functions handled by these chipsets, including video and audio) in Linux.

In particular, if one buys a motherboard with one of these IGP chipsets:
    A. GeForce 8200 mGPU
    B. GeForce 8300 mGPU
    C. 750a SLI
    how much mileage vs hassle should/could be expected for getting the mobo to work well?
    Last edited by matt8; 13 December 2008, 03:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• urandom
    replied
    I wish they'd first concentrate on fixing powermizer, or at least giving us a clear way to disable it.

Leave a comment:

• Vadi
    replied
    *portion of customers

Leave a comment:

• Med_
    replied
    And as usual the performance on the NVS 135M is abysmal with KDE. When will they finally to decide to fix it? I have bought this card, i want working drivers. KDE has been out for almost a year. That is a lack of respect toward their customers.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic NVIDIA 180.16 Beta Linux Driver

NVIDIA 180.16 Beta Linux Driver

Phoronix: NVIDIA 180.16 Beta Linux Driver

It was just eleven days ago that NVIDIA had released the 180.11 Beta Linux Driver, but in the wee hours of Saturday morning NVIDIA has pushed out a new beta driver. This driver contains a few fixes, support for new GPUs, and an updated implementation of the Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X