No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Unveils $2,499 USD TITAN RTX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This crazy world needs a 300$ Navi @ RTX2070-ish performance, without wasting die space on silly gimmicks and with FOSS drivers. AMD, if you can give us that, then take my money.

Comment

Originally posted by WonkoTheSaneUK View Post
      It seems to be just a de-certified version of the Quadro RTX 6000 for half the price.
      Kind of goes to show how much air there is the price of that Quadro.

But hey, we all know what they say about a fool and his money...

Comment

Brisse: You are not offering enough. People demanding "silly gimmicks" are offering way more.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

You missed the most important thing:99% of EVERYONE on the internet will claim that since AMD cannot compete with it, their next 50 dollar gpu is going to be from NVIDIA.
          One could buy PC + PS4 + couple ARM SBCs all for $499 these days and not to miss much And to avoid Microsoft+Intel+nVidia.

But yeah, feeding enthusiasm costs a lot more than that
          Last edited by dungeon; 03 December 2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
            This crazy world needs a 300$ Navi @ RTX2070-ish performance, without wasting die space on silly gimmicks and with FOSS drivers. AMD, if you can give us that, then take my money.
            AMD could now release the Navi 690 tomorrow with it beating the 2080ti for only $300 and people would still buy Nvidia cards instead of it.

People don't buy the card that offers then the best bang for their buck, people look for the vendor with the highest top end card and then buy whatever card that vendor makes that is in their price range.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              You can compete with modern consoles for a similar price. Consoles can't play 4K@60FPS. Hell, many games can barely do 1080p@60FPS with max detail.
              You don't have to buy the best to have a good experience. Nvidia is capitalizing on the fact that people feel the need to one-up each other. Meanwhile, I'm still using an R9 290 that continues to get performance improvements and new features and handles most Linux games at 1080p, 60FPS, max detail. I paid 11% for that GPU vs what the Titan RTX costs, I got some free games from it too, and it still gives me a better gaming experience than consoles.

Things aren't so bleak, people just need to lower their expectations. If you're ok with 30FPS, 4K gaming is actually surprisingly affordable. There's more to gaming than having the best FPS.

EDIT:
              It's worth pointing out that if you are playing modern games in 1080p or 1440p, you can turn down the texture detail a notch down from ultra and have little to no visible difference. Those extra high-res textures are only practical for 4K and when looking at something point-blank. Although changing texture detail doesn't have a big impact on overall GPU compute performance, it does have a heavy impact on VRAM usage, and once that gets fully used up, you'll start to get a noticeable performance hit.

Friend, I am happy with 1080p@60FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Spazturtle View Post

AMD could now release the Navi 690 tomorrow with it beating the 2080ti for only $300 and people would still buy Nvidia cards instead of it.

People don't buy the card that offers then the best bang for their buck, people look for the vendor with the highest top end card and then buy whatever card that vendor makes that is in their price range.
                Sad but true. I can see AMD getting out of the high-end GPU market entirely, since for many people it doesn't matter how good they get, Nvidia will always get the sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
                  RTX 2070 is normal card, there is no die space vasting nor tricks there - chips is not so big, nor is there Ti gimmicks

That is nothing crazy, Navi would likely target that. Only your price for top future AMD GPU of $299 sounds crazy

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                    but not not too surprising

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                      You can compete with modern consoles for a similar price. Consoles can't play 4K@60FPS. Hell, many games can barely do 1080p@60FPS with max detail.
                      You don't have to buy the best to have a good experience. Nvidia is capitalizing on the fact that people feel the need to one-up each other. Meanwhile, I'm still using an R9 290 that continues to get performance improvements and new features and handles most Linux games at 1080p, 60FPS, max detail. I paid 11% for that GPU vs what the Titan RTX costs, I got some free games from it too, and it still gives me a better gaming experience than consoles.

Things aren't so bleak, people just need to lower their expectations. If you're ok with 30FPS, 4K gaming is actually surprisingly affordable. There's more to gaming than having the best FPS.

EDIT:
                      It's worth pointing out that if you are playing modern games in 1080p or 1440p, you can turn down the texture detail a notch down from ultra and have little to no visible difference. Those extra high-res textures are only practical for 4K and when looking at something point-blank. Although changing texture detail doesn't have a big impact on overall GPU compute performance, it does have a heavy impact on VRAM usage, and once that gets fully used up, you'll start to get a noticeable performance hit.
                      Well, I personally like, the card allowing it, to keep the textures high while lowering the illumination and shaders effects.

But since you talked about 4K/60fps, you know what pisses me off to no end? People taking a expensive top of the line card to play 4k, setting the anti-aliasing to 8x and them claiming there is not a single card on the market capable of 4k/60fps...

Comment

Working...
                      X