NVIDIA Working On An EGLStreams Back-End For KDE On Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

It's a fact of life regressions happen, go over to KDE bugzilla and look for unintentional regressions in Kwin. I won't do the legwork for you as I assume you are a grown up and are more than capable of finding examples yourself.
    Regressions happen, they were accused of deliberately breaking things, there's a big difference - I won't go looking for proof of someone else's assertion

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
      Yeah, very smart, that's why Linux is still such a niche OS.
      And you're a dumbass. Linux has a userspace interface that is guaranteed to never break, but it's not what you would call stable. And all of the internal interfaces are -exactly- what you would call unstable. And yet it dominates -EVERY MARKET- except desktop.

EDIT: And whether you like it or not the real truth is starting to become that -Desktop- is a niche market.....

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
        And you're a dumbass. Linux has a userspace interface that is guaranteed to never break, but it's not what you would call stable.
        Actually that's the very definition of stable, so idk about you, but I'd definitely call it stable.

I wasn't talking about the kernel though, don't be a dumbass, look at the context: it was about KDE breaking stuff (i.e. userspace-to-userspace interfaces) and with Linux I meant the whole platform not just the kernel (yeah, it's not 100% accurate, idgaf).

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
        And all of the internal interfaces are -exactly- what you would call unstable. And yet it dominates -EVERY MARKET- except desktop.
        Desktop is by far the most important, and unfortunately for you it does NOT dominate everything DUE to this since the second largest market, the mobile garbage, hates this fact (which is why you find ancient kernels in phones) so you actually shot yourself in the foot with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
          Actually that's the very definition of stable, so idk about you, but I'd definitely call it stable.

I wasn't talking about the kernel though, don't be a dumbass, look at the context: it was about KDE breaking stuff (i.e. userspace-to-userspace interfaces) and with Linux I meant the whole platform not just the kernel (yeah, it's not 100% accurate, idgaf).

Desktop is by far the most important, and unfortunately for you it does NOT dominate everything DUE to this since the second largest market, the mobile garbage, hates this fact (which is why you find ancient kernels in phones) so you actually shot yourself in the foot with that one.
          Ok fine, go ahead and use your desktop or mobile without an INTERNET....

Comment

I wonder how many times i will have to say this. EGLStreams is an open standard support by khronos. GBM is just garbage. Eglstreams will support multi gpu. Gpu switching. Remote desktop. And recording with apps universally across desktops like OBs. Mesa/gbm/wayland will always be garbage because its flawed by design. You should be thankful for nvidia in this case.

Comment

Working...
            X