NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 OpenCL, CUDA, TensorFlow GPU Compute Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 OpenCL, CUDA, TensorFlow GPU Compute Benchmarks

Phoronix: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 OpenCL, CUDA, TensorFlow GPU Compute Benchmarks

Here are the first of our benchmarks for the GeForce RTX 2070 graphics card that launched this week. In our inaugural Ubuntu Linux benchmarking with the GeForce RTX 2070 is a look at the OpenCL / CUDA GPU computing performance including with TensorFlow and various models being tested on the GPU. The benchmarks are compared to an assortment of available graphics cards and also include metrics for power consumption, performance-per-Watt, and performance-per-dollar.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typos:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    at the GPU compte performance
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    First up was SHOC with its FFT single-preicison test.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Typos:
      Thanks, as always... Long day/week with all the product launches recently and tomorrow...
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Are the fp16 tests using the TensorCores or normal fp16?

Comment

Is my understanding correct if I say that the Tensorflow benchmarks all focus on the the forward pass (at times also "inference") of a neural network? If so, is it possible to measure the backwards pass (backpropagation)? as well

Comment

Awesome, now all of the dozen or so people who really need to do ML for a living, will have a GPU to buy.

Comment

I'm glad that you included the GTX980

Originally posted by artivision View Post
              Also if Nvidia wants they can flash Gtx1000 with the Pro firmware and deploy FP16 2x there too.
              Wait what! Are you telling me I can flash the VBIOS of a Quadro P5000 onto a GTX1080, and effectively use it as a Quadro card. If so can provide some evidence of this?

Comment

Cheapest one I can find locally is 660€ with no warranty. Fuck nvidia and its prices.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                  Cheapest one I can find locally is 660€ with no warranty. Fuck nvidia and its prices.
                  I've been hearing these rumors that NVIDIA is supposedly prepping up another launch for a 2019Q4 and that this iteration is but an unfinished release to bank some money in. So you might get better values next year. Or maybe not. Who knows

Comment

Working...
                  X