Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 410.66 Linux Driver Released With RTX 2070 Support, Vulkan Ray-Tracing, Etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 410.66 Linux Driver Released With RTX 2070 Support, Vulkan Ray-Tracing, Etc

Phoronix: NVIDIA 410.66 Linux Driver Released With RTX 2070 Support, Vulkan Ray-Tracing, Etc

NVIDIA has released the 410.66 Linux graphics driver today as their first stable release in the 410 series and comes with support for the new GeForce RTX 2070 graphics card...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So, we have 2 drivers now. One without Turing support, and another without transform feedback support.

I wonder whether the latter will be the most used.

Comment

Hope they add this one to the OpenSUSE repo, still on 390 now

Comment

meir Actually, I've found it remarkably easy to create my own openSUSE RPMs for the nvidia-bumblebee* packages. I downloaded the 390.67 src.rpm that's out there and have been editing it ever since, in light of the slow speed of updates and the creeping requirements of other software. It usually only takes changing one line in nvidia-bumblebee.spec (Version: xxx.yy), although the 410 series edits were more invasive because there's all those new libraries.

The following three files, plus rpmbuild -ba ./nvidia-bumblebee.spec, should get you started. Of course, the usual no-warranties, no-using-code-off-the-Internet-without-first-inspecting-it disclaimers apply, and I always find myself needing to delete by hand leftover files from the previous version and running ldconfig afterwards, so clearly I'm missing a few things.

Comment

Seeing ray tracing and better yet 'DLSS' widely supported under Linux might convince me to get a RTX card... BUT I EXTREMELY DOUBT we will see that happen, at best 2-3 games a year will get the support added... not worth spit!

Comment

Working...
          X