No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Shows Very Strong Compute Performance Potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see all these obscure benchmarks yet no tests that actually matter, like crypto mining. The business that decides where half the cards end up.

Comment

Can someone tell me why rocm is failing in half the tests? Rocm should be a lot more stable than that

Comment

Impressive performance, but then this is a massive chip on 12nm being compared to smaller chips on 14/16nm. Guess we can start to get ideas about the performance a more reasonably priced Navi on 7nm will offer.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
          Nvidia or AMD?
          If Nvidia - I expect a year from now a lot better drivers now that they're rewriting some of their driver components in Rust.
          Slower is not better.

Comment

What a joke of an article...
            No benchmark of 1080 Ti vs 2080 ? Really ? Is this article sponsored by Nvidia ?

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
            I see all these obscure benchmarks yet no tests that actually matter, like crypto mining. The business that decides where half the cards end up.
            And this.

Comment

Originally posted by YamashitaRen View Post
              What a joke of an article...
              No benchmark of 1080 Ti vs 2080 ? Really ? Is this article sponsored by Nvidia ?

As stated multiple times already, I don't have an RTX 2080 (non Ti) at least not yet.... Obviously if I did, I would have been including it in the articles...
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                SHOC Scalable HeterOgeneous Computing v2015-11-10Performance / Cost - Target: OpenCL - Benchmark: MD5 Hash
                Is this rounded to the nearest $0.01? It seems odd that these 3 cards would otherwise have identical results.

Comment

Originally posted by ResponseWriter View Post
                  Impressive performance, but then this is a massive chip on 12nm being compared to smaller chips on 14/16nm. Guess we can start to get ideas about the performance a more reasonably priced Navi on 7nm will offer.
                  1.35x of Vega 64 is what they've said. Also, 2x performance per Watt. Calibrate your expectations to that.

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
                    Not with crytpo crashing, a new wave of ASIC miners on the market, and these cards being so expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                      Almost seems like this GPU should be part of the Titan series.
                      They're probably just building up a stockpile of higher-binned TU102's and maybe waiting for some market feedback to see how to price it, but it's sort of a given that we will see it in a new Titan card. The 352-bit / 11 GB memory spec tells you they're holding back, much like the GTX 1080 Ti.

Also, if you compare the boost clock with the RTX Quadro 6000/8000, you can see they're holding back a bit on that, as well.

However, note that the fp benchmarks are all single-precision. Unlike the Titan V, which was build on a 100-series chip, this will not be the card to buy if you want fp64. For that, save your pennies and spring for a Titan V. I expect that will remain the go-to card for "budget" GPU Compute, for some time.

Comment

Working...
                      X