NVIDIA Announces Open-Source MDL SDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see two scenarios:

A: Nvidia has somehow developed a "goodness in their hearts" to give a fuck about open source

B: It's part of a elaborate strategic plot to solidify and further its dominance and leadership trying to corner game devs into using their products.

I can't wait for the shit-show coming when Intel releases their dedicated GPU in 2020. I'm gonna have so much fucking popcorn and lulz.

(Lets be honest, no one with half an ounce for a brain should trust Charles Manson Babysitting Company or Nvidia)

Comment

Possibly they started fearing competitive pressure from AMD GPUOpen initiative. That's the only reason I can think of for this sudden change of behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
        I see two scenarios:
        There is likely a third which is rather common... instead of taking on the financial burden of of keeping this afloat, they toss it over "The wall" to see what the community make it of. If they drop it, then no harm done. If it is successful and the community maintains it, then they will likely come back to it at a latter date either as a part of the community or simply to pull it back over "The wall" (or fork it and do the same, it's BSD-licensed... that is a thing).

I can't wait for the shit-show coming when Intel releases their dedicated GPU in 2020. I'm gonna have so much fucking popcorn and lulz.
        Honestly, I am more surprised that it took Intel this long to go it alone on the GPU front, they have been reliant on AMD/Nvidia for years and it was a gaping vulnerability. I guess that the APU's with a good cpu die and a decent gpu die does have them concerned given how many times they have backed up on a 10nm chip.

Comment

Hopefully it runs equally well on AMD as it does Nvidia. At least it is open source to allow AMD to modify any AMD-specific performance killing features.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

Let me fix that for you:
            Python??? Good bye!

Besides, Python is such a mess that if it requires Python 3.x, it also requires Python 2.x as well and if a project requires Python 2.x, it also requires 3.x with some pipes between them haha.
            most updated software dependent on python already runs on python 3.6 without python 2.7

Comment

Working...
            X