No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 180.08 Beta Driver Adds In OpenGL 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a beta. But usally that does not hurt.

Comment

It's a proper beta. I had my screen sometimes flicker and then just freeze completely. Hard reboot was the only way to go (excluding the magic keys, which I forgot and don't seem to help me anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
        It's a proper beta. I had my screen sometimes flicker and then just freeze completely. Hard reboot was the only way to go (excluding the magic keys, which I forgot and don't seem to help me anyway).
        Do you have magic keys enabled? Also do you have a way of steadily reproducing your hard lock?

Comment

Nope and nope (latter making it particularly dangerous. I didn't have this happen since I moved to linux)

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            Do you have magic keys enabled? Also do you have a way of steadily reproducing your hard lock?
            I suppose you refer there to SysRq, and it would indeed help if these locks were reproducible in some way...

Comment

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
              I suppose you refer there to SysRq, and it would indeed help if these locks were reproducible in some way...
              Yup that's what I was referring too.

Comment

Gotten myself kicked out of my session and re-logged in out of the blue went back to 177

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
                  Gotten myself kicked out of my session and re-logged in out of the blue went back to 177
                  Which card is it you have again Vadi?
                  Edit: never mind GeForce 8600M GT/PCI/SSE2

Comment

I'm currently running 180.08 and all seems to be OK thus far. Some minor annoyances include stutter in some games (which I associate to the same symptom as Unreal Tournament 2004 in that it expects AGP to enable vertex extensions)

Comment

Why don't you update to 180.11?

Comment

Working...
                      X