NVIDIA 396.18 Linux Benchmarks, Testing Their New Vulkan SPIR-V Compiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 396.18 Linux Benchmarks, Testing Their New Vulkan SPIR-V Compiler

Phoronix: NVIDIA 396.18 Linux Benchmarks, Testing Their New Vulkan SPIR-V Compiler

Yesterday NVIDIA released their first 396 Linux driver beta in the form of the 396.18 release and its biggest addition is a new Vulkan SPIR-V compiler to replace the compiler that's been hobbled together since the Vulkan 1.0 debut. Here are some fresh NVIDIA Vulkan Linux benchmarks and more on this new SPIR-V compiler.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    for those living under a rock and not reading enough Phoronix,
    This sounds a little rude for newcomers. Don't you want more readers/subscribers?

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    The performance is lagely unchanged

Comment

Is that really a multi-gigabyte usage for the driver, or is it the whole system memory I am looking at? (I apologize if that was written, I had to read it rather quickly). It sounds really huge, how does Mesa compares in this regard?

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
        Is that really a multi-gigabyte usage for the driver, or is it the whole system memory I am looking at? (I apologize if that was written, I had to read it rather quickly). It sounds really huge, how does Mesa compares in this regard?
        Total system memory used.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Just wanted to highlight the lowest frame rates improvement, in Mad Max, with the new compiler. Is this some sort of solution for the occasional in-game stuttering?

Comment

off topic
            Last edited by AdamOne; 12 April 2018, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
              off topic
              Ok. Sorry then. Tought it was the place because it's about benchmarks and performances. Guess I'm wrong...

Comment

Working...
              X