NVIDIA VDPAU Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuppa-Chino View Post
    thanks I do not want to appear obnoxius, I am just trying to piece together an HTPC and want to make sure I cover all the bases.....
    I never got the impression you were being obnoxious. I can fully appreciate how difficult it is sometimes trying to sort the chaff from the wheat when it comes to getting answers to some of this stuff.

Comment

BTW, nvidia seems to be dedicated and working pretty hard to get this going. They now even posted special instructions for reporting bugs with vppau.

Comment

Any idea why VC-1 on the 9300 IGP isn't supported?

Comment

Originally posted by speedsix View Post
          Any idea why VC-1 on the 9300 IGP isn't supported?
          It is. In fact it's even listed.

VC-1 support in NVIDIA's VDPAU implementation currently requires GeForce
          9300 GS, GeForce 9200M GS, GeForce 9300M GS, or GeForce 9300M GS.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            It is. In fact it's even listed.
            The motherboard integrated 9300 chip is different from those listed isn't it?

There are posts from people with the 9300 gpu on their motherboard and VC-1 support doesn't seem to work.

Comment

Originally posted by speedsix View Post
              The motherboard integrated 9300 chip is different from those listed isn't it?

There are posts from people with the 9300 gpu on their motherboard and VC-1 support doesn't seem to work.
              Might be a bug in the current drivers. Other then power consumption the 9300 should be identical to their mobile parts in which VC-1 works. Best thing to do would be to ask the nvidia guys at nvnews in the vdpau thread.

Comment

Might be a bug in the current drivers. Other then power consumption the 9300 should be identical to their mobile parts in which VC-1 works. Best thing to do would be to ask the nvidia guys at nvnews in the vdpau thread.
                Not that most users need to care about it yet any way since the latest MPlayer that supports vdpau doesn't come in easy-to-install-and-run packages yet. >.>

Glad it's coming tho!

Linux: "Baby steps to 21st centuryyyy baaabyyyysteeeeeps..."

Comment

right now developers have announced new project - xine-vdpau

Source repository: svn://jusst.de/xine-vdpau

Mailing-list: http://lists.kafic.ba/mailman/listinfo/xine-vdpau
                  ([email protected])

irc channel #xine-vdpau on freenode.net

Comment

Originally posted by Yfrwlf View Post
                    Not that most users need to care about it yet any way since the latest MPlayer that supports vdpau doesn't come in easy-to-install-and-run packages yet. >.>

Glad it's coming tho!

Linux: "Baby steps to 21st centuryyyy baaabyyyysteeeeeps..."
                    Several distro's have experimental packages of mplayer already with vdpau.

Comment

Several distro's have experimental packages of mplayer already with vdpau.
                      Cool, just wish it was available for everyone easily is all.

Comment

Working...
                      X