Clear All

Originally posted by mgmartin View Post

I manually installed the driver:
    Code:
    ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-390.48.run --extract-only
    cd NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-390.48
    <patch/edit files>
    ./nvidia-installer
    the file I download has bin extension....

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

the file I download has bin extension....
      You may be pulliing in a version designed for your specific Linux distribution. Choose "Linux 64-bit" for the "Operating System" search on NVIDIA's site, and that should take you to the .run version of the download. From there, you may need to read through the official README and do some searching on manually installing the NVIDIA driver for your specific distribution. It can be a little complicated the first time through, since it involves compiling modules and, most likely, re-building initramfs files.

Comment

Originally posted by mgmartin View Post

You may be pulliing in a version designed for your specific Linux distribution. Choose "Linux 64-bit" for the "Operating System" search on NVIDIA's site, and that should take you to the .run version of the download. From there, you may need to read through the official README and do some searching on manually installing the NVIDIA driver for your specific distribution. It can be a little complicated the first time through, since it involves compiling modules and, most likely, re-building initramfs files.
        I've solved by a preliminary and necessary phase I omitted because I ignored it. It is impossible to upgrade nvidia drivers without to apply that workaround because the existent driver is in conflict with the new driver.

Comment

Finally, they have fixed the annoying flickering problem on videos.

Comment

Working...
          X