XWayland 2D Performance Appears Better Than XMir

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by intellivision View Post
    How does that even come into a discussion about the technical merits of XWayland and XMir?
    Or are you one of these guys who likes strawman arguments?
    well is a solid fact you can check yourself any day not an argument and is related to the fact XMir will try to keep it togheter until unity8 using every hack patch in wayland mailinglist[rejected for quality] until wayland devs upstream the proper solution [DRI3/Mesa10/xorg1.15+] since nothing in their repo or the related projects repo have been upload to help this process from canonical team.[as always leeching like bosses giving nothing back]

in resume, XMir will reach maturity once wayland/xorg/mesa devs fix the base problemprobably near the release of ubuntu 14.04[canonical wonderboys crossing finger keith making it in time so they can show how tech avanced is mir running rootless OMG]

just for the lulz i would love keith upstream DRI3 and xorg patches in an incompatible licence with Mir just to see how canonical wonderboys make things work out[i bet they relicense the entire mir code]

Comment

• Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
      just for the lulz i would love keith upstream DRI3 and xorg patches in an incompatible licence with Mir just to see how canonical wonderboys make things work out[i bet they relicense the entire mir code]
      Relicense? No, either stay with DRI2 or write something "better" (MirDRI)! Better write cause, well, it's Canonical. :P

Comment

Working...
      X