No announcement yet.

Intel Mesa Driver Restores Support For SuperTuxKart, Adds EGL_KHR_gl_colorspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Mesa Driver Restores Support For SuperTuxKart, Adds EGL_KHR_gl_colorspace

Phoronix: Intel Mesa Driver Restores Support For SuperTuxKart, Adds EGL_KHR_gl_colorspace

The Intel i965 Mesa OpenGL driver has restored support for the SuperTuxKart open-source Tux-themed racing game...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

bad news seems that the patch produces a weird transparency:

(bug reported by me)

Comment

"The technical details for those interested in this patch for those interested."
      I'm not that interested, really:P

Comment

what about HDR support on kaby sky coffee lake?

Comment

"Mesa 17.2 had broke SuperTuxKart support by no longer exposing an sRGB-capable frame-buffer" is a claim by a bug reporter, but I really don't think it's the case. i965 has never exposed any visuals / fbconfigs that were sRGB capable. You can look at the output of glxinfo between 17.1 and 17.2, and the set is identical. Although we didn't advertise sRGB capable visuals, all 8-bit visuals were in fact capable. Back in the day, we chose to do this because it's what other drivers seemed to do, and thus other applications expected. SuperTuxKart worked fine in the past, and we never took away any functionality.

I believe at some point they started requesting sRGB visuals, but didn't have a working fallback. As far as I'm aware, they fixed this bug in SuperTuxKart and it started working again, with no changes to Mesa.

I do think this is a good change to make, and I hope it helps, but it should not be necessary for STK to work.
          Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
          Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
            what about HDR support on kaby sky coffee lake?
            definitely, having hdr screen, want to use it
            Last edited by samdraz; 09 November 2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayden View Post
              "Mesa 17.2 had broke SuperTuxKart support by no longer exposing an sRGB-capable frame-buffer" is a claim by a bug reporter, but I really don't think it's the case. i965 has never exposed any visuals / fbconfigs that were sRGB capable. You can look at the output of glxinfo between 17.1 and 17.2, and the set is identical. Although we didn't advertise sRGB capable visuals, all 8-bit visuals were in fact capable. Back in the day, we chose to do this because it's what other drivers seemed to do, and thus other applications expected. SuperTuxKart worked fine in the past, and we never took away any functionality.

I believe at some point they started requesting sRGB visuals, but didn't have a working fallback. As far as I'm aware, they fixed this bug in SuperTuxKart and it started working again, with no changes to Mesa.

I do think this is a good change to make, and I hope it helps, but it should not be necessary for STK to work.
              It shouldn't be necessary to run STK, but glxinfo shows GLX_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB and GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB available and it's also core feature since OpenGL 3.0, so in this case I can assume that at least some configs have srgb-capable framebuffer? I'm not OpenGL expert though... Anyway STK 0.9.3 will work without srgb-capable fb.

And btw. here is a bit more info:

Comment

Working...
              X