Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Graphics Performance: Ubuntu 17.04 vs. 17.10

Phoronix: Intel Graphics Performance: Ubuntu 17.04 vs. 17.10

Given the Ubuntu 17.10 release this week and its massive desktop changes from GNOME Wayland to Mesa/kernel upgrades, we've been busy benchmarking this new Ubuntu OS release. Complementing the Radeon Ubuntu 17.04 vs. 17.10 gaming comparison are now some OpenGL/Vulkan benchmarks when using Intel Kabylake graphics hardware on Ubuntu 17.04, 17.10 with X.Org and Wayland, and the performance if upgrading against Linux/Mesa Git.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just be aware everyone that the Wayland benchmarks might not be indicative of the real experience. I've tried lots of gaming on Ubuntu 17.10 with Wayland and while the FPS counter shows good numbers, it subjectively stutters so there seems to be some issue preventing all the rendered frames from actually reaching the monitor.

Not to mention the input lag.

Stick to Xorg while gaming for now...

Comment

I'm impressed how well all these games run on XWayland. The stuttering need to be investigated for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
        Not to mention the input lag.
        This one?

Comment

Sidenote, are Haswell/Devil's Canyon-era Intel graphics stable yet? I remember having crashy issues with them a while back.

Comment

I'm not convinced this is the whole input lag issue, but it's likely a part of it.

Comment

CSGO case: engine_no_focus_sleep convar, set it to 0. It prevents cs from adding sleeps when out of focus. Set it once, afterwards it gets saved.

Comment

Working...
              X