Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Core i3 8100: 3.6GHz Quad-Core With UHD Graphics For Less Than $120 USD

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Intel Core i3 8100: 3.6GHz Quad-Core With UHD Graphics For Less Than $120 USD

    Phoronix: Intel Core i3 8100: 3.6GHz Quad-Core With UHD Graphics For Less Than $120 USD

    The new Intel Core i3 8100 processor is a quad-core CPU running at 3.6GHz, offers integrated UHD Graphics 630, 6MB L3 cache, and has a 65 Watt TDP. This Intel quad-core CPU will cost you less than $120 USD. As about to be shown in these Ubuntu Linux benchmark results, this lowest-end Coffeelake CPU right now has a lot to offer. Here is a 30-way Intel/AMD Ubuntu benchmark comparison featuring the i3 8100, i5 8400, i7 8700K, and many other CPUs going back to the Sandy Bridge and Bulldozer days.

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=25321

  • #2
    Originally posted by tildearrow
    Major typo: (because you may need to republish the benchmarks)
    It is an X-Series processor, the i7 7740X = https://www.google.com/search?q=Core...utf-8&oe=utf-8
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Michael View Post

      It is an X-Series processor, the i7 7740X = https://www.google.com/search?q=Core...utf-8&oe=utf-8
      Sorry. I thought it was a typo since the processor reports itself as "7740K"...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

        Sorry. I thought it was a typo since the processor reports itself as "7740K"...
        Ah. Yeah, it identifies as the "7740K" as it was a preproduction processor before Intel settled on the branding (or to avoid people leaking things...). So in my case this 7740X reports as 7740K but normal CPUs bought will show via cpuinfo as 7740X.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          no single threaded tests

          Comment


          • #6
            Any chance you could compare this with an AMD A12-9800 or similar?

            Particularly interested in comparing it with AMD APU gaming....

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by fuzz View Post
              Any chance you could compare this with an AMD A12-9800 or similar?

              Particularly interested in comparing it with AMD APU gaming....
              I don't have any A12-9800, unfortunately.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

              Comment


              • #8
                $175 board for a $120 cpu without any word on that in the price per dollar comparison. Is that a paid article or why isn't that mentioned anywhere?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Namenlos View Post
                  $175 board for a $120 cpu without any word on that in the price per dollar comparison. Is that a paid article or why isn't that mentioned anywhere?
                  Calculating the total cost of ownership is a lot more complicated.... I've seen Z370 mobos for $120+ so not sure why you are saying $175+.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Michael View Post

                    Calculating the total cost of ownership is a lot more complicated.... I've seen Z370 mobos for $120+ so not sure why you are saying $175+.
                    First of all is the reason and the reason for motherboard existence is to be upgradeable, so Intel in no go for me. Also the cheapest Ryzen costs 30eu less in my country from the cheapest Intel quad core and it is unlocked.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X