Intel Core i7 8700K Linux Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleyska View Post

In Norway they are scheduled for December.
    But all ordered cpu's currently are sold out for december so currently all models sold after now is due for january.
    This may change, but initial is december without change.
    Both i7-8700 and i7-8700k are sold out on newegg
    Buy Used - Very Good: Intel Core i7 8th Gen - Core i7-8700 Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.2 GHz (4.6 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 65W BX80684I78700 Desktop Processor Intel UHD Graphics 630 with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Buy Used - Very Good: Intel Core i7 8th Gen - Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 95W BX80684I78700K Desktop Processor Intel UHD Graphics 630 with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

I guess to reports on low quantities at launch was right.
    Looking at other countries as well the quantities seems much worse then AMDs Vega launch that at least had preliminary dates and could still be ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by veikok View Post

To the mirror shall you tell that.
      And to Intel shall you tell that, it's their marketing after all.

Comment

Where on Earth did I suggest everyone has the same needs I have??? Dude, seriously...

Then, let's see... you're saying *this* CPU is marketed at gamers, which would make the whole situation with Intel GPUs being too weak for gaming a new problem specific to this release, but earlier you were claiming that this has been problem for years, so even with older CPUs that weren't marketed at gamers. Something doesn't compute here, and it's not my comprehension skills...

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
          Where on Earth did I suggest everyone has the same needs I have??? Dude, seriously...

Then, let's see... you're saying *this* CPU is marketed at gamers, which would make the whole situation with Intel GPUs being too weak for gaming a new problem specific to this release, but earlier you were claiming that this has been problem for years, so even with older CPUs that weren't marketed at gamers. Something doesn't compute here, and it's not my comprehension skills...
          So now you extrapolate nonsense to excuse yourself. Geez, You honestly think this is the very first product Intel marketed at gamers? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

And to Intel shall you tell that, it's their marketing after all.
            Jeah, Intel has created all those technologies for the sole purpose of satisfying gamers and gamers only: VT-x, VT-d, VT-x EPT, TSX-NI, vPRO, AES-NI.

Comment

You honestly think this is the very first product Intel marketed at gamers?
              *You* highlighted the marketed-at-gamers thing as if it's something specific to this release, and that this product is not aimed at me because I'm not a gamer. But now you're saying Intel is often doing that. So, which Intel products are supposedly for gamers and which are supposedly for me, please provide a list. Because apparently I've been buying the wrong products all these years...

Comment

Originally posted by veikok View Post

Jeah, Intel has created all those technologies for the sole purpose of satisfying gamers and gamers only: VT-x, VT-d, VT-x EPT, TSX-NI, vPRO, AES-NI.
                That's you making up bullshit. You know just as well as everybody else that's a lie. What the truth is that Intel has many products on the market and this is just one of them. And it happens that -this- one is marketed at gamers and -this- one has an integrated GPU that is too weak for the same people that it is marketed at.

So again it's the same exact question, what is a bigger waste on this product, a GPU that doesn't meet the requirements of its target market as is, or an L4 cache that would make that same GPU usable in that same market?

Comment

*You* highlighted the marketed-at-gamers thing as if it's something specific to this release, and that this product is not aimed at me because I'm not a gamer. But now you're saying Intel is often doing that. So, which Intel products are supposedly for gamers and which are supposedly for me, please provide a list. Because apparently I've been buying the wrong products all these years...
                  I'll give you same advice you gave me, You gotta look before you buy.

Use the right tool for the job. If you don't know what the right tool is, you educate yourself. That's how it works *everywhere*. I really don't see why that doesn't apply when it comes to computers.

Comment

I'll give you same advice you gave me, You gotta look before you buy.
                    So, by my advice, I need to educate myself. As my method of doing this, I'm asking you, an apparent expert in the field. Please tell me which Intel products are for me, and which are supposedly for gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

The numbers aren't too shabby either. But at similar performance and price, many will still choose to support the underdog.
                      The numbers aren't that great, if you consider that the 8700k has almost 27% higher clock than an 1800X. I'd love to see comparisons of Zen and Coffee Lake
                      with turbo and all but one core disabled, and same clock frequency set. The results would probably be almost identical (except AVX).

Comment

Working...
                      X