Intel Core i7 8700K Linux Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    Most people -wrongly- believe they'll be able to game. And -that- is almost entirely Intel's fault.
    No, it's wholly and entirely the fault of the retailers for failing to educate these people at the time of purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
      No, it's wholly and entirely the fault of the retailers for failing to educate these people at the time of purchase.
      No it's definitely Intel's fault for releasing products into a market it isn't capable of performing well in. They do it consistently for years.

Comment

No it's definitely Intel's fault for releasing products into a market it isn't capable of performing well in. They do it consistently for years.
        Which market is that? Gaming is the only thing you can't do using the IGP, it's good for everything else. And for gaming we have dGPUs.

Comment

Use the right tool for the job. If you don't know what the right tool is, you educate yourself. That's how it works *everywhere*. I really don't see why that doesn't apply when it comes to computers.

Comment

I just don't get why Intel throws such a horribly bottlenecked GPU on every single CPU they make. They've already proven to the whole entire world that it absolutely -needs- an L4 cache the graphics processor can utilize. Why they don't actually do what they've already proven is totally beyond me.

(It's almost like they are asking how many more years can PC gaming hold out for.....And that's entirely monopolistic in concept.)
            Uhm, no. PC gaming is fine, and i'd rather not have to pay 200$ or more on any total shit office PC or media center for features not needed there.

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the real truth is, most people born in the 80's or later have been exposed to gaming their whole lives.
              The amount of gamers is a fraction of the total PC users.

Most people -wrongly- believe they'll be able to game. And -that- is almost entirely Intel's fault.
              Waah waah, I bought a cheap-ass Toyota and I want to use it to race in NASCAR, I can't do that and it's all Toyota's fault.

Comment

Well, yeah, if you think everyone buys a PC to game on it, but that's not reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Article
                  Those are the Core i7 8770K Coffee Lake benchmarks I have available this morning. Overall, the CPU performance of the Core i7 8700K is notably better than the i7-7700K Kaby Lake in many tests largely due to the addition of the two extra cores with any microarchitecture benefits waiting until Cannonlake.
                  Cannonlake will be a node shrink of Skylake for laptops, not a new archtecture. Ice Lake will be the next architecture scheduled for late 2018.

Comment

The single core IPS did not appear to change. Intel has not changed single core IPS in three generations. Would be interesting to see Ryzen catching up in IPS as Intel has hit some sort of ceiling.

Comment

Well, not bad but nothing interesting either and at that price an 1700+b350 is more attractive.

At least for the FPS junkies this CPU could help squeeze few more frames out of an 1080TI when both heavily OCed, outside that realm the cost of CPU+z370 make it meh

Comment

Working...
                      X