S3TC Support Lands In Mesa Git Along With An OpenGL 4.6 Extension For Intel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S3TC Support Lands In Mesa Git Along With An OpenGL 4.6 Extension For Intel

Phoronix: S3TC Support Lands In Mesa Git Along With An OpenGL 4.6 Extension For Intel

Rejoice as S3TC (S3 Texture Compression) support now resides within Mesa Git following its patent expiry on Monday...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wohooo! We must toast this!

Comment

Would love a website that had important patent countdowns. Like video formats, audio formats etc. Also a countdown for copyrights coming into public domain, though I imagine it will change again.

Comment

Someone should remove the two S3TC rows from https://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature/ now that S3TC is supported everywhere.
        Also update https://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/S3TC/

Comment

Originally posted by Deavir View Post
          Would love a website that had important patent countdowns. Like video formats, audio formats etc. Also a countdown for copyrights coming into public domain, though I imagine it will change again.
          Copyrights are extended every time Disney's are about to go public, which I believe is happening again pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Copyrights are extended every time Disney's are about to go public, which I believe is happening again pretty soon.
            Murica, the land of freedoms. It's the same with gun control. NRA controls the whole state.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

I wish they were refused this time. Disney is way too powerful and is sucking major parts of former game industry into itself. They have basically limitless amounts of money to do this until their primary copyrights expire

Comment

Originally posted by Deavir View Post
                pretty sure someone can hack something like this up, just like here : like this ? https://www.ippractice.ca/patent-and...iring-patents/

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post

pretty sure someone can hack something like this up, just like here : like this ? https://www.ippractice.ca/patent-and...iring-patents/
                  Something kinda like that but focused. Like MPEG2, Winnie the Pooh, etc. Most people wouldn't be interested that another patent for a standard is expiring, They want to know when the standard is no longer patent encumbered.

Comment

What do you say about this? This thing seems not to be expired!

An image processing system including an image encoder and image decoding system is provided. The image encoder system includes an image decomposer, a block encoder, and an encoded image composer. The image decomposer decomposes the image into blocks. The block encoder which includes a selection module, a codeword generation module and a construction module, processes the blocks. Specifically, the selection module computes a set of parameters from image data values of a set of image elements in the image block. The codeword generation module generates codewords which the construction module uses to derive a set of quantized image data values. The construction module then maps each of the image element's original image data values to an index to one of the derived image data values. The image decoding system reverses this process to reorder decompressed image blocks in an output data file.

Comment

Working...
                    X