Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core i9 7960X Linux Benchmarks

Phoronix: Intel Core i9 7960X Linux Benchmarks

While Intel previously announced the expanded Intel Core X-Series line-up including the Core i9 7960X and Core i9 7960XE processors, only today is the performance embargo expiring as these CPUs begin to ship to further battle AMD's Ryzen Threadripper line-up. Here is today's launch-day Linux benchmarks of the Core i9 7960X.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

With your experiences with the AMD's new offerings, what do you think is missing from it in Linux and its kernel that you are looking forward to getting fixed in the future? and also about the Intel. I am also very interested to see how these are going to work with KVM and passthrough scenarios to the VMs especially GPUs (not gaming but computation).

Comment

Typo: The peak temperature was 61C with an average temoerature under load of 41.6C.

Comment

very inexpensive threadripper: $199 (actually just a typo)

Comment

Those are pretty awesome CPU's.

Comment

Why were several i7s include in this comparison but the Ryzen 7 omitted? It's not like Ryzen is already old or are out of the competition. It would have been nice to see where it currently holds itself.

Comment

Michael

Many thanks for this. Typo: you say on the first page that the Threadripper 1950 is priced at $199.

Comment

Oh, wait, another typo:

"Core i9 7960X and Core i9 7960XE processor"

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
                  Why were several i7s include in this comparison but the Ryzen 7 omitted? It's not like Ryzen is already old or are out of the competition. It would have been nice to see where it currently holds itself.
                  The i7s that were included were the X Series.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                    Oh, wait, another typo:

"Core i9 7960X and Core i9 7960XE processor"
                    Thanks, the couple typos now fixed.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X