Intel Haswell Scheduler Updated In LLVM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geearf View Post
    Oooooh, I did not think of that :'/ I don't mind compiling certains packages, but llvm is a bit heavy "/
    Compiling LLVM itself is pretty simple actually. Just get all the parts straight out of the git repositories (follow the info at LLVM's website about it) and then it's:

export CC=gcc CXX=g++ CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native" CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=native"
    mkdir build; cd build
    cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/llvm ../llvm
    make -j16 all install

Or you can use clang/clang++ instead of gcc/g++. It works, too.

Now the radeonsi part I don't know about as I'm using Nvidia. You'll probably have to look towards MESA, DRM, and other stuff and compile those, too. Worst case, if you're not into reading build instructions, is to use the standard build scripts of your distro and let these compile everything for you, but with $HOME/llvm/bin in $PATH for these to pick up the improved compiler.
    Last edited by sdack; 08-28-2017, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post

Yeah, one of the main driving factors in my upgrade from a phenom II x6 to a Ryzen 1700 was that it dropped my llvm compile times from 35-45 minutes to 15 or less.
      15 minutes is not too bad!

Originally posted by sdack View Post
      Compiling LLVM itself is pretty simple actually. Just get all the parts straight out of the git repositories (follow the info at LLVM's website about it) and then it's:
      Yes I know, but it takes a while and I'd have to recompile Mesa as well, hopefully not when interfaces changed, which seems to happen every now and then.
      I like better compiling packages that don't require me to recompile something else, the kernel is a good example of that

Comment

Working...
      X