Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    in a quad-channel configuratiom without ECC.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      Um... what? I understand your opinion that such CPUs may be overpriced, but your last sentence just doesn't make sense. How exactly do you expect a business to make money if you don't pay for their product? As for that Athlon you found in the trash, unless it was an AM3 or FM2 model, it was thrown out because it's worthless nowadays.
      It was a Slot A. 700 Mhz ought to be enough for anyone. Lets be real, Gigahertz level computing is a luxury, not a necessity. People can find so many chips in the trash, there's just not any reason to pay money for them at this point. Really the same is true for storage media. Remember all those AOL floppy disks that were mailed out in the 90's? If you were smart enough to save them, you could have literally hundreds of megabytes of free data storage capacity. *Hundreds* of megabytes. Who needs flash drives??

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
        It was a Slot A. 700 Mhz ought to be enough for anyone. Lets be real, Gigahertz level computing is a luxury, not a necessity. People can find so many chips in the trash, there's just not any reason to pay money for them at this point. Really the same is true for storage media. Remember all those AOL floppy disks that were mailed out in the 90's? If you were smart enough to save them, you could have literally hundreds of megabytes of free data storage capacity. *Hundreds* of megabytes. Who needs flash drives??
        Not sure if it is a sarcasm or not...

Comment

The same story of the 7900X, bit better as long as there is a considerable difference in core frequency, get your own portable nuclear reactor, get some LN2 to keep it from burning through the motherboard, only get to use 70% of your motherboard and expensive AF. Conclusion Meh get Ryzen or TR unless you absolutely need for some reason AVX-512 like right now or someone is gonna die or you are a die hard rich intel fanboy that don't care about money just bragging rights.

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
            Not sure if it is a sarcasm or not...
            ... but I'm enjoying it anyways.
            Test signature

Comment

I'm happy with my entire iPad with a10x at the same price. I can edit 4K in realtime.

Comment

Working...
              X