Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
    Nice results, but for US$ 1K, 140W, I prefer Ryzen 1800X
    x2, if anything, these benchmarks highlight what a great value Ryzen is, hanging out near the top of almost every test, and for less $$$ than intel. Threadripper is going to rip i9 a new one.

Comment

Why such a big difference between the Ryzen 1700 and 1800X in the Blender and (specially) the Rodinia tests? Some error? They are close in most benchmarks, but not in these.

Comment

Originally posted by glock24 View Post
        Why such a big difference between the Ryzen 1700 and 1800X in the Blender and (specially) the Rodinia tests? Some error? They are close in most benchmarks, but not in these.
        my guess is for years they been focused on optimizing for Intel since AMD was too far behind to care, now with Ryzen they would probably will have to take a look at it and start optimizing for both and just to let it sink numpy is all over the place, that software is weird

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          it will yield a huge performance advantage over the competition
          Competition isn't even out yet.

Comment

All I takeaway from this is that Intel has purposely been shelving their next iterations in order to maximize profits on current upgrades while the competition catches up.

Not surprising since in their early days they did the same thing.

Any company that is willing to withhold good from the consumer just to milk them more is naughty in my book. All the more reason to go AM4 for my next build.

Comment

Interestingly, if you normalize the results by the CPUs' operating frequency (and core count in MP tests) AMD's and Intel's architectures perform quite similarly. AMD just doesn't seem to reach frequencies quite as high. Then again, the power draw is less to make up for it.
              As a CPU for all workloads, the 7900X is probably the better pick (not considering the price) since it boosts its frequency much higher in ST workloads. But this is probably not the reason to get a 10C CPU...

Comment

How about adding the apache static server:

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

and check if the core count scales properly? Probably worth the money (compared to the 1800x) in a simple scenario?

Comment

Michael, may I ask you to run the compilation benchmark O:-)?

Comment

I would be really interested in the temperatures and the fan noise during benchmarking with the air cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by MuPuF View Post
                      Michael, may I ask you to run the compilation benchmark O:-)?
                      Compilation benachmarks would be great...

Comment

Working...
                      X