X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jenkins runs
    What about Kessel runs ??

Comment

Too bad Intel haven't made any graphics progress since the days of Haswell which performed worse than AMD APUs.
      Broadwell, Skylake and Kabylake aren't much of an improvement over Haswell. I don't think Coffee Lake or Cannon Lake will be either.
      It doesn't even support VESA Adaptive-Sync or FreeSync.

I hope to see AMD come out with their Raven Ridge processors based on the revised Zen architecture. Hopefully with great graphics performance.

Comment

After one year my Cherry Trail laptop is still barely usable because of the hangs (and works perfectly fine on Windows). As soon as the new AMD APUs make their way into small hybrid laptops I'm getting rid of this.

Comment

Which symptoms? I see with 4.11 kernel my Haswell hangs when some application like Google Chrome starts aggressive swap use. After hang computer still answer on ping, and 22 port are open, but I am couldn't connect to ssh. Reset button only helps.

Comment

My current laptop is Haswell based and I never encountered this hang. What common applications or games cause this?

Originally posted by khnazile View Post
            What about sandybridge hangs? My laptop is still freezing from time to time after 6 years. The only way to stop it completely is using 'fbdev' X driver.
            It might not be a driver issue but a hardware issue. I used to have an Ivy Bridge laptop that would reboot itself under heavy load. I found lowering the maximum GPU clock speed by about 150MHz made it remained very stable. Since I never played games on it, the drop in GPU performance was irrelevant to me - it still handled everything else just fine.

Comment

Working...
            X