Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Haswell May Soon See Less Hangs With Mesa

Phoronix: Intel Haswell May Soon See Less Hangs With Mesa

If you are running Intel Haswell hardware with integrated graphics and have been seeing hangs under Linux, you're not alone but a fix is in the works...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good to hear! I'm not sure if that's what was causing hangs on my Haswell system, if it is, it could also be affecting Broadwell I think as I had similar issues with a system running that too. Skylake has been fine so far.

Comment

Skylake could freeze for me just from hit F11 in Gnome Terminal.

Comment

Truly proof that software is discovered more than it is developed.

Comment

What about sandybridge hangs? My laptop is still freezing from time to time after 6 years. The only way to stop it completely is using 'fbdev' X driver.

Comment

Anyone managed to run Alien Isolation with a HD620?

Comment

Is that voodoo programming?

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                Is that voodoo programming?
                Given that we're talking about low-level drivers, my guess would be it's more that there's some unknown behavior in the hardware that's hard to map out without figuring out what to look for. As a result, just getting it working reliably is a good solution.

Comment

That reminds me of the hang issues I had with my good old sandybridge laptop, especially running some games. I am glad I sold this crap, so many issues...

Comment

I must never trigger this somehow. Laptop and htpc both Haswell.

Comment

Working...
                    X