Intel's Clear Linux Switches Over To GCC 7 Compiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
    Usb tethered Android phone? Which in turn has been connected to WiFi. You'll get 'Ethernet' connection out of it.
    Thanks, but don't have an Android phone (do have an iPhone).

Comment

Gcc 7.1.0 has a great potential

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
        I finished recompiling my Gentoo system with GCC 7.1, seemed to take longer than with GCC 6.3. Only had to switch a few packages away from using LTO. One of which I think was due to a change in binutils. Two other failures possibly related to gentoos sandbox. Message is currently failing since an anvil allocator change made this morning.

Wine seems to be misbehaving, I'll try again with O2 and see if it works any better

Overall good impression of GCC 7.1 not as many broken packages as usual for a major version upgrade
        did you get firefox to work? It seems gcc-7 miscompiles xpcshell, which, at the end of the firefox build, is used to initialize a cache, but it just sits there, consuming all memory until it gets killed by the oom-killer. Even -O1 didn't help here.

Comment

Originally posted by indepe View Post

Thanks, but don't have an Android phone (do have an iPhone).
          Too bad. Solution would work on pretty much anything (all flavors of BSD's included).

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post

did you get firefox to work? It seems gcc-7 miscompiles xpcshell, which, at the end of the firefox build, is used to initialize a cache, but it just sits there, consuming all memory until it gets killed by the oom-killer. Even -O1 didn't help here.
            No I didn't, I thought the failure was due to sandbox

Found the bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=136277
            Last edited by FireBurn; 08 May 2017, 05:21 AM. Reason: Found the bug report

Comment

Working...
            X