Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many Intel Sound Driver Fixes Slated For Linux 4.12

Phoronix: Many Intel Sound Driver Fixes Slated For Linux 4.12

Takashi Iwai has submitted the sound driver updates slated for the Linux 4.12 kernel...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Sound-Updates

i hope this fixes the "plock"ing sound out of speakrs whenever i turn on/off the audiocard(including when the power saving function kicks in so i had to turn that off)
    Last edited by cj.wijtmans; 05-05-2017, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Anybody know if this has anything to do with Bay Trail? I haven't found anything specific to that.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
        i hope this fixes the "plock"ing sound out of speakrs whenever i turn on/off the videocard(including when the power saving function kicks in so i had to turn that off)
        In my case, that started when I bought a new computer case and plugged the speaker in on the front panel. I didn't have that issue before that. Maybe the same could be for you?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          Anybody know if this has anything to do with Bay Trail? I haven't found anything specific to that.
          What about it? rt5640 should work with Linux 4.10+ if you have UCM-files.

Comment

Originally posted by EarthMind View Post

In my case, that started when I bought a new computer case and plugged the speaker in on the front panel. I didn't have that issue before that. Maybe the same could be for you?
            i dont have a front panel.

Comment

Working...
            X