Intel HD Graphics 630: Windows 10 Creators vs. Ubuntu 17.04 vs. Clear Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel HD Graphics 630: Windows 10 Creators vs. Ubuntu 17.04 vs. Clear Linux

Phoronix: Intel HD Graphics 630: Windows 10 Creators vs. Ubuntu 17.04 vs. Clear Linux

Our latest Windows 10 Creator Update versus Linux benchmarking is taking a quick look at the Intel HD Graphics 630 Kabylake performance with Windows 10 on the latest Intel driver compared to Ubuntu 17.04 and Clear Linux.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    The Linux configurations tested were very close to Windows 10 Creators Update for the demanding Unigine Heaven demo.
    Even if it's just an IGP, it isn't from 2010. You should test it with Superposition.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

Even if it's just an IGP, it isn't from 2010. You should test it with Superposition.
      It was crashing with Superposition, at least under Windows.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I was going to post some trolling on Intel IGPs not being able to hold simple stuff like OpenArena but I think I'll pass.

Comment

Probably will be good enough for 2D emulators @ 4K

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            Probably will be good enough for 2D emulators @ 4K
            Yes, def. more than good enough to run a desktop environment (at 1920x1080 in my case). On a laptop with both integrated and dedicated GPU, running in this mode, the battery will last maybe 3 times as long.

Comment

love intel's gpu as it works hassle free in general with only one graphics driver...

Comment

Originally posted by indepe View Post
                Yes, def. more than good enough to run a desktop environment (at 1920x1080 in my case).
                But anything is good to do 1080p desktop enviroment, even 15 years old chips

Of course, nothing is good enough to run modern DE, especially bloated one

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

It was crashing with Superposition, at least under Windows.
                  Well, that's kind of a benchmark result too.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

But anything is good to do 1080p desktop enviroment, even 15 years old chips

Of course, nothing is good enough to run modern DE, especially bloated one
                    Who needs games when we can play with bloated DEs?

Comment

Working...
                    X