Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Cannonlake Patches Posted For Mesa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Intel Cannonlake Patches Posted For Mesa

    Phoronix: Intel Cannonlake Patches Posted For Mesa

    Last week we reported on Intel Cannonlake patches for their DRM kernel driver while published today were patches for bringing up the next-generation Intel graphics within Mesa...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...annonlake-Mesa

  • #2
    I hope Gen 10 graphics will be really performant because the graphics in AMD processors were faster than on Intel.

    Also now the first generation Ryzen comes without any integrated GPU but the second generation will come with a integrated GPU, and I expect it to be high performance based on Radeon graphics.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I hope Gen 10 graphics will be really performant because the graphics in AMD processors were faster than on Intel.

      Also now the first generation Ryzen comes without any integrated GPU but the second generation will come with a integrated GPU, and I expect it to be high performance based on Radeon graphics.
      Hopefully by 2021 Ryzen will have come much much further. I really want to see something like i7z for AMD. My current build I went intel first intel system I ever built 65watt i7 7700, great upgrade from FX 8320. I do plan on going back to AMD again its just a matter of when. Right now this system is very strong and hopefully it will last me until 2021. I have also been wanting Radeon for over a decade in linux but would not go that route cause of the driver performance. Right now using a gtx 1050ti its good for the money, runs super cool and pretty decent performance but not RX 480 fast but way cooler running.
      Last edited by creative; 04-15-2017, 03:20 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by creative View Post

        Hopefully by 2021 Ryzen will have come much much further. I really want to see something like i7z for AMD. My current build I went intel first intel system I ever built 65watt i7 7700, great upgrade from FX 8320. I do plan on going back to AMD again its just a matter of when. Right now this system is very strong and hopefully it will last me until 2021. I have also been wanting Radeon for over a decade in linux but would not go that route cause of the driver performance. Right now using a gtx 1050ti its good for the money, runs super cool and pretty decent performance but not RX 480 fast but way cooler running.
        I am on Intel and I still stay on Intel. I know that Intel works good, and the graphics drivers work good.
        I know that Intel have code contributed ahead of shipping so everything works out of the box.

        I heard good things about Ryzen, but its a gamble, I don't know if things will be good.
        Intel works good, and AMD seemingly offers nothing.
        I see no reason to pick AMD, they are a "me-too" player offering nothing.

        AMD would have to step up their game and offer something that Intel don't.
        Such as open source UEFI, open source firmware, no binary blobs, open source FSP/BSP, or something.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by uid313 View Post

          I am on Intel and I still stay on Intel. I know that Intel works good, and the graphics drivers work good.
          I know that Intel have code contributed ahead of shipping so everything works out of the box.

          I heard good things about Ryzen, but its a gamble, I don't know if things will be good.
          Intel works good, and AMD seemingly offers nothing.
          I see no reason to pick AMD, they are a "me-too" player offering nothing.

          AMD would have to step up their game and offer something that Intel don't.
          Such as open source UEFI, open source firmware, no binary blobs, open source FSP/BSP, or something.
          You are right, as much as I loved using AMD and do tend to cheer for them, they really would have to step up their game in terms of being open source for UEFI, firmware and all the rest of it. This is coming from a long time AMD user and I can attest that in order for AMD to set things strait; one they need have better support and two allow other people to repair and develop for better support concerning things like sensors and the lot.

          I'm glad I finally built an i7 system, I had wanted one for so long. Worth every penny I paid. I did have to wait for the backporting on kernel 4.4 in Ubuntu Studio 16.04 for the power management to be ironed out. Right now this system is robust and solid with the 4.4 backportings. I moved away from AMD due to sensor support lacking and single thread and floating point performance falling short. I had built six different generations of AMD systems before I finally went Intel.

          I wish I had the money for an i7 6950x setup I could really use the extra cores and threading to make haste with rendering in kdenlive. The 7700 does great there don't get me wrong and I highly doubt the effects in kdenlive and openshot are multithreaded while editing but I would be able to make changes much quicker/render and see the results better before I have to trim back tweak and render again.

          What I am working on is serious artwork not like most things from that wonderful raging torrent of sputum called youtube. I guess its just like my painting and music projects that I should consider it. Some projects are going to take much longer due to the complexities of the medium, some things can be excruciating to finish. Right now the project has had about four different compartmentalized categories. Three of the categories have been in development for over 5 years maybe even more now that I look back. Once everything is finalized hopefully the showpiece lives up to my expectations.

          Maybe I should consider a secondary side system build for rendering? Maybe a second hand Xeon system close to a few generation back? People are actually building Xeon systems for very cheap off the used market.

          I really need to learn lightworks.
          Last edited by creative; 04-16-2017, 03:44 PM.

          Comment

          Working...
          X