Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL 4.0 / FP64 Patches Updated For Intel Ivy Bridge

Phoronix: OpenGL 4.0 / FP64 Patches Updated For Intel Ivy Bridge

Igalia's Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez has updated his 28 patches for ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 support for Intel Ivy Bridge hardware that in turn allows these older Intel graphics to have OpenGL 4.0 support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've a really nice 18" HP Envy IB laptop that still gets lots of use

Comment

Do they also have patches for the ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit extension, so we can go straight to ogl 4.3? I'm really looking forward for this, although it is funny that maybe the GLSL implementation would also have been enough

Comment

Yay, OpenGL 4 for BayTrail too

Comment

Originally posted by treba View Post
          Do they also have patches for the ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit extension, so we can go straight to ogl 4.3? I'm really looking forward for this, although it is funny that maybe the GLSL implementation would also have been enough
          Yes, we have them. The idea is to send them for review once FP64/IVB support lands on master

Comment

I've been using the patches at various levels of revision for some time time up to GL4.2.

OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
            OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ivybridge Mobile
            OpenGL core profile version string: 4.2 (Core Profile) Mesa 17.1.0-devel (git-ced61fd53e)
            OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.20
            OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
            OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile

4.3 isn't currently supportable due to the lack of GL_ARB_stencil_texturing for IVB.

Comment

Looking forward to this officially landing in Arch.

Comment

This is great news. It will bring Linux OpenGL support to feature parity with Windows 10.

Comment

Working...
                X