No announcement yet.

Intel Sends First Batch Of Changes To DRM-Next For Linux 4.12: 550+ Patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what your distro is. I did find some pretty good instructions for Fedora Linux, although they're a little old. It should still be roughly like that.

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post

I've not done such before, is it difficult to do first time or just time consuming? Does it require compiling kernels from git commits and using those to verify when the bug was introduced? I've never compiled kernels before nor familiar with how to set them up for using at boot. It might be best left for someone more experienced/familiar with all that, though I'll help where I can.
      You'll need to know how to compile the kernel and use git, else wise it's more time consuming than difficult. I would at least make a bug report and post it back here, so other's can look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post

You'll need to know how to compile the kernel and use git, else wise it's more time consuming than difficult. I would at least make a bug report and post it back here, so other's can look into it.
        Not sure when I'll have the time for that, it's been suggested on the bug report as well: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=194631

I have found out that changing my IO scheduler from BFQ to another like CFQ fixes both my suspend/resume and logrotate.service(run at midnight) hard lockups. So although disabling pm_async works for the suspend/resume, I think the bug might be due to some difference with BFQ in 4.9 kernels and newer, or a change elsewhere that breaks BFQ.

Comment

Working...
        X