Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Iris Pro OpenGL Benchmarks On Debian 9 Testing

Phoronix: Intel Iris Pro OpenGL Benchmarks On Debian 9 Testing

Yesterday I published Skylake Iris Pro Graphics benchmarks on Ubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE, Antergos, and Clear Linux using a Skull Canyon NUC. That was fun but then I decided to ring in the new year by running even more benchmarks, so if you're curious how the Debian 9 "testing" performance fits among these other distributions, here are those results...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Debian Testing is currently making use of the Linux 4.8 kernel, GNOME Shell 3.22.2 as the default desktop environment, xf86-video-modesetting as the DDX over xf86-video-intel, X.Org Server 1.19.0, and Mesa 13.0.1
    While picture shows 13.0.2. Anyway It is not clear 13.0.2, but patched one also contain for example that big small bugfix not yet in stable upstream, etc.

* Cherry-pick 6dc96de (cso: don't release sampler states that are
    bound) from upstream master branch. Fixes random GPU hangs on
    radeonsi (AMD Southern Islands and newer) in many games.
    But nice testing of testing that still rolls till february.
    Last edited by dungeon; 01 January 2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks Michael, I'd like to see Debian testing/unstable included in benchmarks more often if you can, and I suspect I'm not alone: many Debian enthusiasts, after their daily apt doze, like to play a game after all, and Ubuntu just won't cut it for us.

Comment

Working...
      X