Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Benchmarks Of Linux 4.10 Show Some Improvements & Regressions For Core i7-6800K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Benchmarks Of Linux 4.10 Show Some Improvements & Regressions For Core i7-6800K

Phoronix: Early Benchmarks Of Linux 4.10 Show Some Improvements & Regressions For Core i7-6800K

This New Year's Eve I finished up some benchmarks of the Linux 4.5 through Linux 4.10 Git kernels on a powerful Core i7 6800K "Broadwell-E" system. I found some improvements with 4.10 Git, but there are also some evident regressions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

with only one rc1 it's normal having regressions, i don0t see the to try the kernel right now

Comment

But some of those tests have weird results. Like the Timed Apache Compilation which was fastest at Linux 4.5, but has been regaining speed since 4.7. 4.5 is also fastest at FFmpeg v2.8.1. What's with that?

Sorry, but I'm no expert.

Comment

Working...
      X