Running The Intel NUC6i7KYK On Linux With Skylake Iris Pro Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running The Intel NUC6i7KYK On Linux With Skylake Iris Pro Graphics

Phoronix: Running The Intel NUC6i7KYK On Linux With Skylake Iris Pro Graphics

I've managed to get my hands on an Intel NUC6i7KYK "Skull Canyon" NUC featuring the Core i7 6770HQ Skylake CPU with Iris Pro Graphics 580. When paired with 32GB of RAM and a Samsung 950 PRO 500GB NVMe SSD, it makes for a very speedy, small form factor Linux-friendly PC.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow, that little beast makes miracle in both cpu and gpu performance considering it is a NUC.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      The Iris Pro Graphics 850

Comment

Too slow for gaming, too powerful and expensive for HTPC... what is the real use scenario for this?

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
          Too slow for gaming, too powerful and expensive for HTPC... what is the real use scenario for this?
          Depends on the game.

Comment

There is so many things you can do with a computer aside playing games and watching videos you know.

Comment

The 45W TDP is really too low on this CPU, it gets destroyed by the Broadwell CPU which is a 65W chip

Comment

It should be nice show case - fastest Intel's iGPU to date ... But on paper of course, considering drivers might tell different story

I smell review title like this - "Perf Per Watt iGPU King : Faster Than Any AMD's iGPU, Slower Than 5 Year Old Mid-Range Bonaire dGPU"
                Last edited by dungeon; 29 December 2016, 01:16 PM.

Comment

You say it only does HDMI at 24Hz but I thought the NUC6i7KYK had HDMI 2.0. Does it support 4k @ 60Hz? Do Intel drivers support 60Hz HDMI 2.0 at all?

Comment

Originally posted by maletor View Post
                    You say it only does HDMI at 24Hz but I thought the NUC6i7KYK had HDMI 2.0. Does it support 4k @ 60Hz? Do Intel drivers support 60Hz HDMI 2.0 at all?
                    The HDMI on the Skull Canyon is borked and is very buggy. There is a firmware update that requires you to connect it to a current HDMI 2.0 set and install it, to get it working better. There are also issues with certain RAM packages that make the unit unstable.

Comment

Working...
                    X