Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh Haswell & Skylake OpenGL vs. Vulkan Benchmarks On Linux 4.9, Mesa 13.1-dev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suberimakuri View Post
    How much of the performance difference is due to CPU and how much is due to opengl and vulkan extensions and optimizations?
    at a guess...
    ​​​​​
    These benchmark results looks like GPU bound, so it does not matter to think of anything... You need to make clear not GPU bound case, so you can compare APIs... otherwise if you try to render more than what GPU can do, than results are nothing but the crap

I don't know anybody with HSW who would set and play Dota 2 at 800x600 with 20 fps, FullHD @ 10 fps or 5 fps @ 4K It is not realworld scenario

Comment

Thanks dungeon. I was just wondering when fp64 lands for HSW how much performance might jump if the other optimizations are enabled.... if they can be enabled.

I have Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz and play Dota at 1600x900 lowest quality. It's totally playable and the steam overlay fps counter seems considerably higher than these benchmarks would suggest.

Comment

Yeah this benchmark only show that SKL is faster then some HSW... but you can ignore numbers, it does not tell story about playability on low as here it is maxed out i guess

Comment

Working...
        X