Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kneekoo
    replied
    This just continues Intel's usual trend of getting out their open-source Linux support code early so it can be refined and work its way into the mainline Linux kernel, Mesa, etc, well ahead of the product's debut so there is good out-of-the-box support in Linux distributions by the time products are shipping.
    It doesn't look like that for Skylake. 10 months ago, when I bought my new PC, kernel 4.4 was barely out and it sucked big time.

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Ops, my bad. I have seen that, but assumed it was only GLSL 4.50. But now reading again you said it covers OpenGL 4.5 too.

Leave a comment:

• timofonic
    replied
    Is Intel going to abandon the Atom brand? Are these going to be called Celeron and Pentium? Intel's Nene recycling is totally messy and nonsense.

I'm disappointed they aren't getting aggressive in the sub-10nm world.

I hope AMD rises up and makes really powerful low power X64 DoCs. I would love to see subwatt really powerful X64 SoCs that can put best ARM ones into totally terrible shame (ARM SoCs sucks, with all their proprietary driver shit and slow Linux mainline support), plus full Open Source support.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
    Michael, radeonsi started advertising OpenGL 4.5 in Oibaf's and Padoka's PPA for a few days now.
    Covered a few days ago - http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...eonSI-GLSL-450

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Michael, radeonsi started advertising OpenGL 4.5 in Oibaf's and Padoka's PPA for a few days now.

Leave a comment:

• Intel Publishes Open-Source Graphics Driver Code For Bringing Up "Geminilake"

Phoronix: Intel Publishes Open-Source Graphics Driver Code For Bringing Up "Geminilake"

Coming out this morning from the Intel Open-Source Technology Center is their initial hardware enablement code for the future "Geminilake" hardware with their Linux graphics driver stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X