Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Kaby Lake Linux Testing With MSI's Cubi 2 Mini PC

Phoronix: Intel Kaby Lake Linux Testing With MSI's Cubi 2 Mini PC

Kaby Lake mobile processors began shipping last month and while we've seen a number of laptop designs using these processors that succeed Skylake, so far the Intel NUCs haven't surfaced nor many other SFF PCs making use of the next-generation hardware. That changed last week with MSI's Cubi 2 powered by Kaby Lake CPUs beginning to ship. I've been testing an MSI Cubi 2 with Core i5 Kaby Lake processor under Ubuntu Linux and so far the experience has been pleasant. In this article are our first Kaby Lake Linux benchmarks.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

if onyl there was a version with twin network ports... :-(

Comment

I'm looking to upgrade my Nuc5i5RYH to a i7 base with wanted Nvidia GFX. The device would be nice if it has 12volts capability though for RV/vanning.

Comment

I would like to have seen a comparison against the 6th gen Intel I5 nuc, especially how the Koby Lake HD graphics compares with the Skylake Iris graphics. Are we expecting a Koby Lake with Iris, and thats whats delay the Intel badged nucs?

Comment

Originally posted by speculatrix View Post
          if onyl there was a version with twin network ports... :-(
          There's definitely room for someone to better design these mini computers. Like having pin-headers for extra ports so Users can expand the devices upwards and out.

With my current Nuc5i5RYH I heightened the unit as added extra USB ports extra sata. I've also got better access to the hard drive.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Sorry for bad post sentence above. Couldn't edit post.

Comment

Shuttle DS67U5 (i5-6200U) would have two gigabit ethernet ports.
              I assume they will also make a Kaby Lake version.

Comment

Originally posted by kmand View Post
                I would like to have seen a comparison against the 6th gen Intel I5 nuc, especially how the Koby Lake HD graphics compares with the Skylake Iris graphics. Are we expecting a Koby Lake with Iris, and thats whats delay the Intel badged nucs?
                As said in the article, the comparison was limited by the hardware I have... unfortunately no skylake NUC or other Skl mobile parts.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Great to see excellent Linux support (as usual) by Intel and strong performance in a very small form factor.

Comment

hm, so 2 generations later, from broadwell to kaby lake and idle power didn't decrease at all...

Comment

Working...
                    X