Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Kaby Lake Linux Testing With MSI's Cubi 2 Mini PC

Phoronix: Intel Kaby Lake Linux Testing With MSI's Cubi 2 Mini PC

Kaby Lake mobile processors began shipping last month and while we've seen a number of laptop designs using these processors that succeed Skylake, so far the Intel NUCs haven't surfaced nor many other SFF PCs making use of the next-generation hardware. That changed last week with MSI's Cubi 2 powered by Kaby Lake CPUs beginning to ship. I've been testing an MSI Cubi 2 with Core i5 Kaby Lake processor under Ubuntu Linux and so far the experience has been pleasant. In this article are our first Kaby Lake Linux benchmarks.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=23733

if onyl there was a version with twin network ports... :-(
    linux addict, got the scars, the grey beard and the t-shirt.

Comment

I'm looking to upgrade my Nuc5i5RYH to a i7 base with wanted Nvidia GFX. The device would be nice if it has 12volts capability though for RV/vanning.

Comment

I would like to have seen a comparison against the 6th gen Intel I5 nuc, especially how the Koby Lake HD graphics compares with the Skylake Iris graphics. Are we expecting a Koby Lake with Iris, and thats whats delay the Intel badged nucs?

Comment

Originally posted by speculatrix View Post
          if onyl there was a version with twin network ports... :-(
          There's definitely room for someone to better design these mini computers. Like having pin-headers for extra ports so Users can expand the devices upwards and out.

With my current Nuc5i5RYH I heightened the unit as added extra USB ports extra sata. I've also got better access to the hard drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J09uBbcSrk0

Comment

Sorry for bad post sentence above. Couldn't edit post.

Comment

Shuttle DS67U5 (i5-6200U) would have two gigabit ethernet ports.
              I assume they will also make a Kaby Lake version.

Comment

Originally posted by kmand View Post
                I would like to have seen a comparison against the 6th gen Intel I5 nuc, especially how the Koby Lake HD graphics compares with the Skylake Iris graphics. Are we expecting a Koby Lake with Iris, and thats whats delay the Intel badged nucs?
                As said in the article, the comparison was limited by the hardware I have... unfortunately no skylake NUC or other Skl mobile parts.
                Michael Larabel
                http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Great to see excellent Linux support (as usual) by Intel and strong performance in a very small form factor.

Comment

hm, so 2 generations later, from broadwell to kaby lake and idle power didn't decrease at all...

Comment

Working...
                    X